about c-store response - DICOM

This is a discussion on about c-store response - DICOM ; 'm developing dicom server using dicom4j. But i have a problem in c- store response. i have 2 dimse warning. 1. cStoreRSP: DataSetType != NULL 2. AffectedSOPInstanceUID: bad size i dont understand them. i appreciate if you can help. thank ...

  1. about c-store response

    'm developing dicom server using dicom4j. But i have a problem in c-
    store response. i have 2 dimse warning.
    1. cStoreRSP: DataSetType != NULL
    2. AffectedSOPInstanceUID: bad size

    i dont understand them. i appreciate if you can help. thank you

  2. Re: about c-store response

    Hello alevtamer,

    your question seems to address a software or toolkit's implementation.
    The parameters are not defined in this representation by DICOM, so I
    suggest either to ask the software or toolkit's support or, if you can
    provide the error description it in DICOM terms, re-post with DICOM
    terminology. As from your post, I cannot really understand your question
    and suspect many others here do not, either.

    Anyway, I suspect something here:

    alevtamer wrote:
    > 'm developing dicom server using dicom4j. But i have a problem in c-
    > store response. i have 2 dimse warning.
    > 1. cStoreRSP: DataSetType != NULL

    The DICOM Standard (PS3.7-2008) tells us:

    "Data Set Type (0000,0800) US 1 This field indicates that a Data Set is
    present in the Message. It shall be set to any value other than 0101H
    (Null)."

    Well, it is NULL. This is a broken Message, I suspect.

    > 2. AffectedSOPInstanceUID: bad size

    The DICOM Standard (PS3.7-2008) tells us:

    "Affected SOP Instance UID (0000,1000) UI 1 Contains the UID of the SOP
    Instance to be stored."

    and for VR=UI PS3.5-2008 says:

    "Values with VRs constructed of character strings, except in the case of
    the VR UI, shall be padded with SPACE characters (20H, in the Default
    character Repertoire) when necessary to achieve even length."

    By the way, any Attribute should have even length.

    Presumably, the Attribute "Affected SOP Instance UID" is misformatted, I
    suspect odd content length.

    > i dont understand them. i appreciate if you can help. thank you

    My crystal ball suggests that the C-Store-RSP is broken.

    I hope this helps.

    Have a nice weekend,

    Peter

  3. Re: about c-store response

    Hi again everyone,
    I still have a problem with my C-Store response. Unfortunately i
    cannot find any solution or answer.
    Firstly my sopclassuid's length---> even
    But when i used it as one of c-store parameter, an error occurs like
    "DIMSE Badly Formed message" but it encode c-store response message
    with right parameters anyway but then abort message returns. When i
    padded it with NULL(00H), there is no error occurs but c-store
    response parameter hasn't written and program stops.I appreciate if
    you (or there's someone who coded c-store scp with java) help me about
    it. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread