Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!! - DICOM

This is a discussion on Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!! - DICOM ; I have one question regarding DICOM. If I want to test whether my JPEG 2000 compressed image is getting stored in the SCP or not, how can I test it. In the DVTk SCP emulator I modified the "StorageSCPEmulator.ses" to ...

  1. Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    I have one question regarding DICOM.

    If I want to test whether my JPEG 2000 compressed image is getting
    stored in the SCP or not, how can I test it.

    In the DVTk SCP emulator I modified the "StorageSCPEmulator.ses" to
    include this

    SUPPORTED-TRANSFER-SYNTAX "1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90"

    But the SCP is still not accepting the JPEG 2000 Compressed image.

    I tried using another SCP emulator "ConquestDICOMServer", but I think
    it doesn't support JPEG 2000 compression.

    Kindly help.

    Regards,
    Lalit.

  2. Re: Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    >If I want to test whether my JPEG 2000 compressed image is getting
    >stored in the SCP or not, how can I test it.

    Well If I undestand you right it should be easy.
    If you try to negotiate an association using JP2000 and it is accepted
    by the scp this means it will store it. (of course the CStore should
    be successfull)
    Otherwise the negotiation will fail ... thats it.

  3. Re: Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    Thanks Sascha,

    But it doesn't help, Please have more information.
    My application runs on two modes

    (1) Uncompressed Image: Work fine, the SCP receives the image.

    TCP/IP - Listening for connection using unsecure port number 104 ...
    Spawning thread to handle new Association
    RECEIVED ASSOCIATE-RQ (17:00:45)
    Called AE Title not correct - expected "Called AE" - received
    "CALLED_AE "
    SENT ASSOCIATE-AC (17:00:45)
    Maximum length of Command DATA-TF PDU received (with pcId 1) is
    0x9A=154
    Maximum length of Dataset DATA-TF PDU received (with pcId 1) is
    0x3FFA=16378
    RECEIVED C-STORE-RQ VL Photographic Image Storage (17:00:45)
    SENT C-STORE-RSP (17:00:45)
    RECEIVED RELEASE-RQ (17:00:45)
    SENT RELEASE-RP (17:00:45)
    Association open 0.33 seconds
    Assocation has been released

    (2) JPEG 2000: Same code, the DCM is generated and is sent to the DVTk
    SCP emulator. But I get the following errors in DVTk, these I suspect
    are coming because of non support for JPEG2000 by DVTk (some settings
    I might be missing).

    TCP/IP - Listening for connection using unsecure port number 104 ...
    Spawning thread to handle new Association
    RECEIVED ASSOCIATE-RQ (16:59:47)
    Called AE Title not correct - expected "Called AE" - received
    "CALLED_AE "
    SENT ASSOCIATE-AC (16:59:47)
    TCP/IP - Socket closed during socket read
    Can't read from TCP/IP socket - connection has been closed.
    DULP - trying to accept association.
    Failed to receive Command (and Dataset)

    Can you please suggest/advice.

    Regards,
    Lalit.

  4. Re: Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    I would say that the negotian failed because of the dvtk not suporting
    JPG2000

  5. Re: Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    On Jun 3, 3:11*pm, Sascha Bohnenkamp wrote:
    > I would say that the negotian failed because of the dvtk not suporting
    > JPG2000

    You are correct Sascha.

    Thanks,
    LalitSRana

  6. Re: Regarding JPEG 2000 Compressed Image Validation!!!

    On May 9, 4:33 pm, Lalit wrote:
    > Thanks Sascha,
    >
    > But it doesn't help, Please have more information.
    > My application runs on two modes
    >
    > (1) Uncompressed Image: Work fine, the SCP receives the image.
    >
    > TCP/IP - Listening for connection using unsecure port number 104 ...
    > Spawning thread to handle new Association
    > RECEIVED ASSOCIATE-RQ (17:00:45)
    > Called AE Title not correct - expected "Called AE" - received
    > "CALLED_AE "
    > SENT ASSOCIATE-AC (17:00:45)
    > Maximum length of Command DATA-TF PDU received (with pcId 1) is
    > 0x9A=154
    > Maximum length of Dataset DATA-TF PDU received (with pcId 1) is
    > 0x3FFA=16378
    > RECEIVED C-STORE-RQ VL Photographic Image Storage (17:00:45)
    > SENT C-STORE-RSP (17:00:45)
    > RECEIVED RELEASE-RQ (17:00:45)
    > SENT RELEASE-RP (17:00:45)
    > Association open 0.33 seconds
    > Assocation has been released
    >
    > (2) JPEG 2000: Same code, the DCM is generated and is sent to the DVTk
    > SCP emulator. But I get the following errors in DVTk, these I suspect
    > are coming because of non support for JPEG2000 by DVTk (some settings
    > I might be missing).
    >
    > TCP/IP - Listening for connection using unsecure port number 104 ...
    > Spawning thread to handle new Association
    > RECEIVED ASSOCIATE-RQ (16:59:47)
    > Called AE Title not correct - expected "Called AE" - received
    > "CALLED_AE "
    > SENT ASSOCIATE-AC (16:59:47)
    > TCP/IP - Socket closed during socket read
    > Can't read from TCP/IP socket - connection has been closed.
    > DULP - trying to accept association.
    > Failed to receive Command (and Dataset)
    >
    > Can you please suggest/advice.
    >
    > Regards,Lalit.

    Lalit

    Just have a look at the error message that DVT is showing:
    > Called AE Title not correct - expected "Called AE" - received
    > "CALLED_AE "

    First go to the DVT settings and correct the called and calling AE
    titles. This error has nothing to do with transfer syntax negotiation.
    It is showing clearly that SCU failed to send any store command or
    DataSet. Check the logs at the SCU side, why it fails to send the
    store request.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

+ Reply to Thread