DICOM transfer syntax conversion - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM transfer syntax conversion - DICOM ; Hi. We are building an application which requires the capability to perform DICOM transfer syntax conversion in some cases. In particular, we need to be able to convert ANY input DICOM file (any input transfer syntax) to the Explicit VR ...

  1. DICOM transfer syntax conversion

    Hi.

    We are building an application which requires the capability to
    perform DICOM transfer syntax conversion in some cases.

    In particular, we need to be able to convert ANY input DICOM file (any
    input transfer syntax) to the Explicit VR Little Endian transfer
    syntax, required for Media Application Profiles.

    Can someone recommend a toolkit / library to RELIABLY perform this
    task? We have tested some commercial libraries, but detected several
    problems in their implementation of DICOM transfer syntax conversion.
    In particular, problems are often present when we try to convert multi-
    frame YBR JPEG-compressed DICOM image files to Explicit VR Little
    endian native transfer syntax.

    Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    John.

  2. Re: DICOM transfer syntax conversion

    Hi,

    I forgot to mention that the application we are building is a Windows
    native application developed in Visual C++.
    Thank you for your suggestions.

    Regards,

    Marco.

  3. Re: DICOM transfer syntax conversion

    Hi,

    I forgot to mention that the application we are building is a Windows
    native application developed in Visual C++.
    Thank you for your suggestions.

    Regards,

    John.

+ Reply to Thread