Study Root Query for OFFLINE exams - DICOM

This is a discussion on Study Root Query for OFFLINE exams - DICOM ; Hello, I am trying a study root query to a GE Centricity PACS. I query using a known Patient ID (0010,0020). Many exams are returned for this patient. There are a few more additional exams for this patient that are ...

  1. Study Root Query for OFFLINE exams

    Hello,

    I am trying a study root query to a GE Centricity PACS. I query using
    a known Patient ID (0010,0020). Many exams are returned for this
    patient. There are a few more additional exams for this patient that
    are not returned, but the PACS administrator indicates that they exist
    in his list, but they are "offline". I tried to add the tag Instance
    Availability (0008,0056) to the study root query thinking this would
    help, but only "online" exams are returned. Does anybody know what is
    necessary to return the offline exams in a study root query? The PACS
    adminstrator stated that other modalities are able to query their
    offline exams, but I have not been successful. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    Kind regards,

    Joel

  2. Re: Study Root Query for OFFLINE exams

    On Mar 17, 3:03 pm, "feldman_j...@yahoo.com"
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying a study root query to a GE Centricity PACS. I query using
    > a known Patient ID (0010,0020). Many exams are returned for this
    > patient. There are a few more additional exams for this patient that
    > are not returned, but the PACS administrator indicates that they exist
    > in his list, but they are "offline". I tried to add the tag Instance
    > Availability (0008,0056) to the study root query thinking this would
    > help, but only "online" exams are returned. Does anybody know what is
    > necessary to return the offline exams in a study root query? The PACS
    > adminstrator stated that other modalities are able to query their
    > offline exams, but I have not been successful. Any help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Joel

    I expect the PACS database would contain information about all the
    studies, online or offline. Actually, the study storage status is
    usually flag attached to a study somewhere in the PACS database.
    Your query should work. Of course, provided your query is correct.
    You need to be more specific about what are you trying to query for.

    There is also the possibility that the patient has more exams than the
    limit imposed on the number of returned results. How many responses do
    you get back? A suspect number would be either of 25, 50, 100...
    500... The imposed limit depends heavily on the hardware the database
    is running on.

    Razvan

+ Reply to Thread