How to convert studies into a single series? - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to convert studies into a single series? - DICOM ; Hi all, sorry if this is a newbie question, but - I have a directory with a bunch of dicom files. When I open the directory with with a dicom viewer (dicomworks), it opens as lots of studies. I want ...

  1. How to convert studies into a single series?

    Hi all,

    sorry if this is a newbie question, but -

    I have a directory with a bunch of dicom files. When I open the
    directory with with a dicom viewer (dicomworks), it opens as lots of
    studies. I want it to open as a single study, single series, with all
    the images in there.

    Is there a way to do this? Do I have to edit a particular tag/
    attribute?

    Chris.

  2. Re: How to convert studies into a single series?

    Dear Chris,

    You can do this by making the Study Insatnce UID(0x0020, 0x000D) Tag
    and Sereis Instance UID(0x0020, 0x000E) tag same for all images.

    I suppose that, there is an option in dicomworks to edit the tag value
    in a DICOM image.

    Cheers
    Alvin

  3. Re: How to convert studies into a single series?

    Hi Chris, Alvin

    It isn't that simple, if you want to do this properly.

    You also have to make all Study level attributes identical (e.g.,
    Study ID, Study Date, Study Time, Study Description, to name a few)
    and all Series level attributes identical (e.g., Series Number,
    Series Date, Series Time, Series Description, Modality, etc.)

    David

    Chris Finch wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > sorry if this is a newbie question, but -
    >
    > I have a directory with a bunch of dicom files. When I open the
    > directory with with a dicom viewer (dicomworks), it opens as lots of
    > studies. I want it to open as a single study, single series, with all
    > the images in there.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this? Do I have to edit a particular tag/
    > attribute?
    >
    > Chris.

+ Reply to Thread