Please suggest - MCinvalidEncodingWarning? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Please suggest - MCinvalidEncodingWarning? - DICOM ; Hi Experts, Can anybody please suggest how to solve this ? In Film Box Response - MCdataSet dataset = m_responseMsg.DataSet; MCitem m_sequenceItem = (MCitem)dataset[MCdicom.REFERENCED_IMAGE_BOX_SEQUENCE, 0]; // Sequence PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox = m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID]; PrintSCU.s_referencedSopClassUIDFilmBox = m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_CLASS_UID]; In Image Box SET - m_sendMessage.CommandSet[MCdicom.REQUESTED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] ...

  1. Please suggest - MCinvalidEncodingWarning?

    Hi Experts,

    Can anybody please suggest how to solve this ?

    In Film Box Response -

    MCdataSet dataset = m_responseMsg.DataSet;
    MCitem m_sequenceItem =
    (MCitem)dataset[MCdicom.REFERENCED_IMAGE_BOX_SEQUENCE, 0]; //
    Sequence
    PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox =
    m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID];
    PrintSCU.s_referencedSopClassUIDFilmBox =
    m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_CLASS_UID];

    In Image Box SET -

    m_sendMessage.CommandSet[MCdicom.REQUESTED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox;

    ERROR in log -
    MC3(MCinvalidEncodingWarning.ctor) W: (MCulEngine1) Size (112) of
    "..." is invalid for VR UI

    Many Thanks!!

    -Kiran

  2. Re: Please suggest - MCinvalidEncodingWarning?

    On Mar 11, 4:28 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > Can anybody please suggest how to solve this ?
    >
    > In Film Box Response -
    >
    > MCdataSet dataset = m_responseMsg.DataSet;
    > MCitem m_sequenceItem =
    > (MCitem)dataset[MCdicom.REFERENCED_IMAGE_BOX_SEQUENCE, 0]; //
    > Sequence
    > PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox =
    > m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID];
    > PrintSCU.s_referencedSopClassUIDFilmBox =
    > m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_CLASS_UID];
    >
    > In Image Box SET -
    >
    > m_sendMessage.CommandSet[MCdicom.REQUESTED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    > PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox;
    >
    > ERROR in log -
    > MC3(MCinvalidEncodingWarning.ctor) W: (MCulEngine1) Size (112) of
    > "..." is invalid for VR UI
    >
    > Many Thanks!!
    >
    > -Kiran

    Hi Kiran,

    Warning statement in log mentioned by you is "Size 112 of "..." is
    invalid for VR UI " and as per DICOM VR of type UI can take values of
    length upto 64 bytes maximum. What I guess is you might have specified
    the UI value which is of length 112 so it may be generating the
    warning.

    I think it might be the problem, just a guess.

    If you find any other reason please let me know.

    Enjoy!

    Regards,
    Prashant

  3. Re: Please suggest - MCinvalidEncodingWarning?

    On Mar 11, 12:51*pm, PacificPrashant wrote:
    > On Mar 11, 4:28 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Experts,

    > > Can anybody please suggest how to solve this ?

    > > In Film Box Response -

    > > MCdataSet dataset = m_responseMsg.DataSet;
    > > * * * * * * * *MCitem m_sequenceItem =
    > > (MCitem)dataset[MCdicom.REFERENCED_IMAGE_BOX_SEQUENCE, 0]; //
    > > Sequence
    > > * * * * * * * *PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox =
    > > m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID];
    > > * * * * * * * *PrintSCU.s_referencedSopClassUIDFilmBox =
    > > m_sequenceItem[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_CLASS_UID];

    > > In Image Box SET -

    > > m_sendMessage.CommandSet[MCdicom.REQUESTED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    > > PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox;

    > > ERROR in log -
    > > MC3(MCinvalidEncodingWarning.ctor) W: (MCulEngine1) *Size (112) of
    > > "..." is invalid for VR UI

    > > Many Thanks!!

    > > -Kiran

    > Hi Kiran,
    >
    > Warning statement in log mentioned by you is *"Size 112 of "..." is
    > invalid for VR UI " and *as per DICOM VR of type UI can take values of
    > length upto 64 bytes maximum. What I guess is you might have specified
    > the UI value which is of length 112 so it may be generating the
    > warning.
    >
    > I think it might be the problem, just a guess.
    >
    > If you find any other reason please let me know.
    >
    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant- Hide quoted text -

    Hey...Thanks Prashant!!

    Here is the statement we used -

    m_sendMessage.CommandSet[MCdicom.REQUESTED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    PrintSCU.s_referencedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox.getStri ngValue(0);

    Thanks Again.

    -Kiran

+ Reply to Thread