Partial and verified Structured Reports? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Partial and verified Structured Reports? - DICOM ; Hi All, I would like to ask if DICOM (and evt. IHE) allows SR objects with completion and verification flags set to PARTIAL and VERIFIED? I've been looking into both DICOM and IHE documents and cannot find such restriction. I ...

  1. Partial and verified Structured Reports?

    Hi All,

    I would like to ask if DICOM (and evt. IHE) allows SR objects with
    completion and verification flags set to PARTIAL and VERIFIED? I've
    been looking into both DICOM and IHE documents and cannot find such
    restriction. I guess one may use this combination to publish
    preliminary results?

    Thanks for any hints.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Karaivanov

  2. Re: Partial and verified Structured Reports?

    On Mar 11, 4:00 am, "a...@medical-insight.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I would like to ask if DICOM (and evt. IHE) allows SR objects with
    > completion and verification flags set to PARTIAL and VERIFIED? I've
    > been looking into both DICOM and IHE documents and cannot find such
    > restriction. I guess one may use this combination to publish
    > preliminary results?
    >
    > Thanks for any hints.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Alexander Karaivanov

    Hi Alexander,

    This is the description about the Verification Flag in DICOM
    Standards(08_03pu.pdf, page 937):

    " Indicates whether this SR Document is Verified.
    Enumerated Values:
    UNVERIFIED = Not attested to.
    VERIFIED = Attested to by a Verifying Observer Name (0040,A075) who is
    accountable for its content.
    Note: The intent of this specification is that the "prevailing final
    version" of an SR Document is the version having the most recent
    Verification DateTime (0040,A030), Completion Flag (0040,A491) of
    COMPLETE and Verification Flag (0040,A493) of VERIFIED. "

    So I think it may not be possible/not allowed (even not explicitly
    mentioned anywhere) to use completion flag with value as "PARTIAL" and
    Verification flag as "VERIFIED" together.
    Though to my mind I feel that document can be verified even if it is
    PARTIAL

    Let's See what experts say on this....

    Please share if you get any information on this...

    Regards,
    Prashant

  3. Re: Partial and verified Structured Reports?

    On 11 Mar., 10:04, PacificPrashant wrote:
    > This is the description about the Verification Flag in DICOM
    > Standards(08_03pu.pdf, page 937):
    >
    > " Indicates whether this SR Document isVerified.
    > Enumerated Values:
    > UNVERIFIED = Not attested to.VERIFIED= Attested to by a Verifying Observer Name (0040,A075) who is
    > accountable for its content.
    > Note: The intent of this specification is that the "prevailing final
    > version" of an SR Document is the version having the most recent
    > Verification DateTime (0040,A030), Completion Flag (0040,A491) of
    > COMPLETE and Verification Flag (0040,A493) ofVERIFIED. "
    >
    > So I think it may not be possible/not allowed (even not explicitly
    > mentioned anywhere) to use completion flag with value as "PARTIAL" and
    > Verification flag as "VERIFIED" together.
    > Though to my mind I feel that document can beverifiedeven if it isPARTIAL

    Thank you, Prashant!

    The way I read it, I can't see any restriction for having PARTIAL &
    VERIFIED
    combination, nor I have found such limitation in other parts of DICOM
    nor IHE.

    Alexander

  4. Re: Partial and verified Structured Reports?

    Hi Alex,

    I agree with your interpretation, that DICOM does not prohibit the
    combination of Completion Flag = PARTIAL and
    Verification Flag = VERIFIED.

    But DICOM lets some freedom to the application how to use the
    Completion Flag.
    S. Description of Completion Flag in DICOM Part 3, C.17.2 SR Document
    General Module:

    "The estimated degree of completeness of this SR Document with respect
    to externally defined criteria in a manner specified in the
    Conformance Statement.
    Note: It may be desirable to make these criteria adaptable to
    local policies or user decisions."

    An application may document its usage of Completion Flag by an
    appropriate Completion Flag Description (0040,A492).

    Regards,
    gunter

    On Mar 11, 12:10 pm, "a...@medical-insight.com"
    wrote:
    > On 11 Mar., 10:04, PacificPrashant wrote:
    >

    > > This is the description about the Verification Flag in DICOM
    > > Standards(08_03pu.pdf, page 937):

    > > " Indicates whether this SR Document isVerified.
    > > Enumerated Values:
    > > UNVERIFIED = Not attested to.VERIFIED= Attested to by a Verifying Observer Name (0040,A075) who is
    > > accountable for its content.
    > > Note: The intent of this specification is that the "prevailing final
    > > version" of an SR Document is the version having the most recent
    > > Verification DateTime (0040,A030), Completion Flag (0040,A491) of
    > > COMPLETE and Verification Flag (0040,A493) ofVERIFIED. "

    > > So I think it may not be possible/not allowed (even not explicitly
    > > mentioned anywhere) to use completion flag with value as "PARTIAL" and
    > > Verification flag as "VERIFIED" together.
    > > Though to my mind I feel that document can beverifiedeven if it isPARTIAL

    > Thank you, Prashant!
    >
    > The way I read it, I can't see any restriction for having PARTIAL &
    > VERIFIED
    > combination, nor I have found such limitation in other parts of DICOM
    > nor IHE.
    >
    > Alexander

+ Reply to Thread