Group 0x0006 - DICOM

This is a discussion on Group 0x0006 - DICOM ; When talking about DICOM elements, what was/is group 0x0006 reserved for? I cannot find a reference to it in the current or previous DICOM standards....

  1. Group 0x0006

    When talking about DICOM elements, what was/is group 0x0006 reserved
    for? I cannot find a reference to it in the current or previous DICOM
    standards.

  2. Re: Group 0x0006

    DelFarmer wrote:
    > When talking about DICOM elements, what was/is group 0x0006 reserved
    > for? I cannot find a reference to it in the current or previous DICOM
    > standards.

    I don't think that (0006,xxxx) attributes were ever defined.

    In ACR/NEMA, messages started with (0008,xxxx) - typically with the
    group length and length to end attributes, and below that group
    only the (0000,xxxx) command group attributes were defined and used.

    The 1993 DICOM edition also only used (0000,xxx) and (0008,xxxx) and up.

    When the DICOM file format was introduced in 1995, group (0002,xxxx)
    and (0004,xxxx) were introduced for meta-header and DICOMDIR content.

    And that's it. Group 0006 is still left as a reserved group awaiting a
    grand new invention that requires attributes in a reserved range.
    Proposals, anyone? :-)

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS