List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box? - DICOM

This is a discussion on List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box? - DICOM ; Hi Experts, Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box. Thanks!! -Kiran...

  1. List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    Hi Experts,

    Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.

    Thanks!!

    -Kiran

  2. Re: List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    On Mar 3, 3:02 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > -Kiran

    hi Kiran,

    Are you talking about: Basic Film Box IOD Modules ?

    description="Contains Film Box presentation information"/>
    description="References to related SOPs"/>

    I believe you'll find everything in PS 3.3 - 2008.

    HTH
    -Mathieu
    Ref:
    http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...tion/Part3.xml

  3. Re: List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    On Mar 3, 9:21*pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > On Mar 3, 3:02 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Experts,

    > > Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.

    > > Thanks!!

    > > -Kiran

    > hi Kiran,
    >
    > * Are you talking about: Basic Film Box IOD Modules ?
    >
    > *
    > * *
    > * * > description="Contains Film Box presentation information"/>
    > * * > description="References to related SOPs"/>
    > *

    > I believe you'll find everything in PS 3.3 - 2008.
    >
    > HTH
    > -Mathieu
    > Ref:http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...trunk/Source/I....

    Thanks Mathieu,

    Actually I am looking for mandatory attribute of Basic Image Box IOD
    Modules.

    Here is sample code lines -

    MCdimseMessage m_sendMessage = null;
    m_sendMessage = new MCdimseMessage(MCdimseService.N_SET_RQ,
    "BASIC_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE_BOX");

    MCitem m_item = new MCitem("PREFORMATTED_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE");
    m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.BASIC_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE_SEQUENCE, 0] =
    m_item;
    m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.SOP_CLASS_UID, 0] =
    "1.2.840.10008.5.1.1.4";

    m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO, 0] = "1";
    m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO, 1] = "1";
    m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_REPRESENTATION, 0] = "0";
    m_item[MCdicom.WINDOW_CENTER, 0] = "0";
    m_item[MCdicom.WINDOW_CENTER_WIDTH_EXPLANATION, 0] = "0";

    byte[] m_pixelData = new byte[512 * 512 * 2];

    m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_DATA].setValue(m_pixelData);
    m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.IMAGE_POSITION, 0] = (uint)(0);

    m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    AffectedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox; ;//AFFECTED instance uid - film box

    //Sending

    MCprintManagementService m_service = new
    MCprintManagementService(objMCAssociation);
    m_service.sendRequestMessage(m_sendMessage);

    I am getting exception - required attribute missing. Can you please
    suggest.

    Thanks!!
    -Kiran

  4. Re: List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    On Mar 4, 12:05 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Mar 3, 9:21 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 3, 3:02 pm, jkir...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi Experts,

    > > > Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.

    > > > Thanks!!

    > > > -Kiran

    > > hi Kiran,

    > > Are you talking about: Basic Film Box IOD Modules ?

    > > I believe you'll find everything in PS 3.3 - 2008.

    > > HTH
    > > -Mathieu
    > > Ref:http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...trunk/Source/I...

    > Thanks Mathieu,
    >
    > Actually I am looking for mandatory attribute of Basic Image Box IOD
    > Modules.
    >
    > Here is sample code lines -
    >
    > MCdimseMessage m_sendMessage = null;
    > m_sendMessage = new MCdimseMessage(MCdimseService.N_SET_RQ,
    > "BASIC_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE_BOX");
    >
    > MCitem m_item = new MCitem("PREFORMATTED_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE");
    > m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.BASIC_GRAYSCALE_IMAGE_SEQUENCE, 0] =
    > m_item;
    > m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.SOP_CLASS_UID, 0] =
    > "1.2.840.10008.5.1.1.4";
    >
    > m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO, 0] = "1";
    > m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_ASPECT_RATIO, 1] = "1";
    > m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_REPRESENTATION, 0] = "0";
    > m_item[MCdicom.WINDOW_CENTER, 0] = "0";
    > m_item[MCdicom.WINDOW_CENTER_WIDTH_EXPLANATION, 0] = "0";
    >
    > byte[] m_pixelData = new byte[512 * 512 * 2];
    >
    > m_item[MCdicom.PIXEL_DATA].setValue(m_pixelData);
    > m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.IMAGE_POSITION, 0] = (uint)(0);
    >
    > m_sendMessage.DataSet[MCdicom.REFERENCED_SOP_INSTANCE_UID, 0] =
    > AffectedSopInstanceUIDFilmBox; ;//AFFECTED instance uid - film box
    >
    > //Sending
    >
    > MCprintManagementService m_service = new
    > MCprintManagementService(objMCAssociation);
    > m_service.sendRequestMessage(m_sendMessage);
    >
    > I am getting exception - required attribute missing. Can you please
    > suggest.
    >
    > Thanks!!
    > -Kiran

    Hi Kiran,

    I think you are using merge com tool kit. :-)
    please see the MESSAGE.txt file (In mc3msg Folder)which is around 2MB
    size in directory of MergeCom in Program Files.
    Search for the relevant section and you will get the detailed
    information about what type it is and what is the VR what are
    enumerated values etc.
    If you want more details then see Part 3 of DICOM Standard.

    I hope this will help you!
    All the best!

    Regards,
    Prashant

  5. Re: List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    Hi Kiran

    Image Box is part of Basic Print, which is a normalized service.

    Though the module is defined in PS 3.3, whether or not attributes
    are mandatory depends on the SOP Class and service primitive used.
    You need to look at the SOP Class definition in PS 3.4.

    So, for N-SET of the the Basic Grayscale Image Box SOP Class, see
    PS 3.4 H.4.3.1.2.1.

    David

    jkirans@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Experts,
    >
    > Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > -Kiran

  6. Re: List of mandatory attribute to create Image Box?

    On Mar 4, 5:05*pm, David Clunie wrote:
    > Hi Kiran
    >
    > Image Box is part of Basic Print, which is a normalized service.
    >
    > Though the module is defined in PS 3.3, whether or not attributes
    > are mandatory depends on the SOP Class and service primitive used.
    > You need to look at the SOP Class definition in PS 3.4.
    >
    > So, for N-SET of the the Basic Grayscale Image Box SOP Class, see
    > PS 3.4 H.4.3.1.2.1.
    >
    > David
    >

    > jkir...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi Experts,

    > > Please give me the list of mandatory attribute to create image box.

    > > Thanks!!

    > > -Kiran- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks to all for your valuable inputs.

    -Kiran