Patient's Birth Date Question - DICOM

This is a discussion on Patient's Birth Date Question - DICOM ; How would you treat a patient with unknown birth date? I have seen a case where they use a month number 13. I do not know any software that can convert that to a vaild dateobject! Should it be left ...

  1. Patient's Birth Date Question

    How would you treat a patient with unknown birth date?

    I have seen a case where they use a month number 13. I do not know any
    software that can convert that to a vaild dateobject!

    Should it be left empty?

    Thanks for your help!

    Rainer

  2. Re: Patient's Birth Date Question

    In DICOM Composite Information Objects, Patient Birth Date is a Type 2
    attribute, and should be sent empy (zero length) if unknown. Sending
    an invalid date in the data element is a violation of the DICOM
    protocol.

    - Harry Solomon

+ Reply to Thread