Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422 ultrasoundimages. - DICOM

This is a discussion on Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422 ultrasoundimages. - DICOM ; Anyone have any anonymous ultrasound images with photometric interpretation YBR_FULL_422? I would greatly appreciate them if you could share, thanks...

  1. Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422 ultrasoundimages.

    Anyone have any anonymous ultrasound images with photometric
    interpretation YBR_FULL_422? I would greatly appreciate them if you
    could share,
    thanks

  2. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    On Feb 29, 7:50 am, "benjohnso...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Anyone have any anonymous ultrasound images with photometric
    > interpretation YBR_FULL_422? I would greatly appreciate them if you
    > could share,
    > thanks

    Refs from previous posts:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....411b70d62d5495

    and

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....c026d775389eeb

    -Mathieu

  3. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    Mathieu,
    Thanks for the reply. The first link I found to be dead. The
    second link is working but unfortunately the DICOM images are
    compressed which requires installation of another ImageJ plugin. I
    have ultrasound images from a given PACS system that ImageJ opens as
    if they were a stack of 3 images instead of one image. The data on
    each images is magnified and blurred. I think it's because of the
    method of photometric interpretation, but without getting some
    additional YBR_FULL_422 images, I can't make that determination. I've
    done quite a few Google searches as well as browsed a number of DICOM
    sample image sites and haven't found any YBR_FULL_422 images that
    aren't compressed DICOM.

  4. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    On Mar 2, 6:06 am, "benjohnso...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Mathieu,
    > Thanks for the reply. The first link I found to be dead. The
    > second link is working but unfortunately the DICOM images are
    > compressed which requires installation of another ImageJ plugin. I
    > have ultrasound images from a given PACS system that ImageJ opens as
    > if they were a stack of 3 images instead of one image. The data on
    > each images is magnified and blurred. I think it's because of the
    > method of photometric interpretation, but without getting some
    > additional YBR_FULL_422 images, I can't make that determination. I've
    > done quite a few Google searches as well as browsed a number of DICOM
    > sample image sites and haven't found any YBR_FULL_422 images that
    > aren't compressed DICOM.

    Sorry for the first link, I did not realize the whole gdcmData
    directory is now only accesible as a tar.gz now:

    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...dcmData.tar.gz

    But the image is JPEG anyway, which is an issue for you.

    I'll check if I can find some non-compressed YBR_FULL_422 images for
    you.

    BFN
    -Mathieu

  5. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    On Mar 2, 5:19 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 6:06 am, "benjohnso...@gmail.com"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Mathieu,
    > > Thanks for the reply. The first link I found to be dead. The
    > > second link is working but unfortunately the DICOM images are
    > > compressed which requires installation of another ImageJ plugin. I
    > > have ultrasound images from a given PACS system that ImageJ opens as
    > > if they were a stack of 3 images instead of one image. The data on
    > > each images is magnified and blurred. I think it's because of the
    > > method of photometric interpretation, but without getting some
    > > additionalYBR_FULL_422images, I can't make that determination. I've
    > > done quite a few Google searches as well as browsed a number of DICOM
    > > sample image sites and haven't found anyYBR_FULL_422images that
    > > aren't compressed DICOM.

    > Sorry for the first link, I did not realize the whole gdcmData
    > directory is now only accesible as a tar.gz now:
    >
    > http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...dcmData.tar.gz
    >
    > But the image is JPEG anyway, which is an issue for you.
    >
    > I'll check if I can find some non-compressedYBR_FULL_422images for
    > you.
    >
    > BFN
    > -Mathieu

    Even though, I have already seen non-compressed YBR_FULL_422 images,
    with

    Bits allocated = Bits stored = 8
    Pixel Value Length = Rows * Columns * 2 / 3
    Pixel Value[1] = Y of Pixel[1]
    Pixel Value[2] = Y of Pixel[2]
    Pixel Value[3] = Cb of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    Pixel Value[4] = Cr of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    Pixel Value[5] = Y of Pixel[3]
    Pixel Value[6] = Y of Pixel[4]
    Pixel Value[7] = Cb of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]
    Pixel Value[8] = Cr of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]

    I am quite sure, that's not admissible according DICOM: DICOM only
    permits Photometric Interpretation = YBR_FULL_422 with JPEG lossy
    compressed (color) images.

    Gunter Zeilinger
    Agfa Healhcare Vienna

  6. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    On Mar 9, 9:42 am, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 5:19 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 2, 6:06 am, "benjohnso...@gmail.com"
    > > wrote:

    > > > Mathieu,
    > > > Thanks for the reply. The first link I found to be dead. The
    > > > second link is working but unfortunately the DICOM images are
    > > > compressed which requires installation of another ImageJ plugin. I
    > > > have ultrasound images from a given PACS system that ImageJ opens as
    > > > if they were a stack of 3 images instead of one image. The data on
    > > > each images is magnified and blurred. I think it's because of the
    > > > method of photometric interpretation, but without getting some
    > > > additionalYBR_FULL_422images, I can't make that determination. I've
    > > > done quite a few Google searches as well as browsed a number of DICOM
    > > > sample image sites and haven't found anyYBR_FULL_422images that
    > > > aren't compressed DICOM.

    > > Sorry for the first link, I did not realize the whole gdcmData
    > > directory is now only accesible as a tar.gz now:

    > >http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...dcmData.tar.gz

    > > But the image is JPEG anyway, which is an issue for you.

    > > I'll check if I can find some non-compressedYBR_FULL_422images for
    > > you.

    > > BFN
    > > -Mathieu

    > Even though, I have already seen non-compressedYBR_FULL_422images,
    > with
    >
    > Bits allocated = Bits stored = 8
    > Pixel Value Length = Rows * Columns * 2 / 3

    Correction:
    Pixel Value Length = Rows * Columns * 2

    > Pixel Value[1] = Y of Pixel[1]
    > Pixel Value[2] = Y of Pixel[2]
    > Pixel Value[3] = Cb of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    > Pixel Value[4] = Cr of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    > Pixel Value[5] = Y of Pixel[3]
    > Pixel Value[6] = Y of Pixel[4]
    > Pixel Value[7] = Cb of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]
    > Pixel Value[8] = Cr of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]
    >
    > I am quite sure, that's not admissible according DICOM: DICOM only
    > permits Photometric Interpretation =YBR_FULL_422 with JPEG lossy
    > compressed (color) images.
    >
    > Gunter Zeilinger
    > Agfa Healhcare Vienna

  7. Re: Looking for some: Photometric Interpretation: YBR_FULL_422ultrasound images.

    On Mar 9, 5:05 am, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    > On Mar 9, 9:42 am, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 2, 5:19 pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    > > wrote:

    > > > Sorry for the first link, I did not realize the whole gdcmData
    > > > directory is now only accesible as a tar.gz now:

    > > >http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...dcmData.tar.gz

    > > > But the image is JPEG anyway, which is an issue for you.

    > > > I'll check if I can find some non-compressedYBR_FULL_422images for
    > > > you.

    > > > BFN
    > > > -Mathieu

    > > Even though, I have already seen non-compressedYBR_FULL_422images,
    > > with

    > > Bits allocated = Bits stored = 8
    > > Pixel Value Length = Rows * Columns * 2 / 3

    > Correction:
    > Pixel Value Length = Rows * Columns * 2
    >
    > > Pixel Value[1] = Y of Pixel[1]
    > > Pixel Value[2] = Y of Pixel[2]
    > > Pixel Value[3] = Cb of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    > > Pixel Value[4] = Cr of Pixel[1] and Pixel[2]
    > > Pixel Value[5] = Y of Pixel[3]
    > > Pixel Value[6] = Y of Pixel[4]
    > > Pixel Value[7] = Cb of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]
    > > Pixel Value[8] = Cr of Pixel[3] and Pixel[4]

    > > I am quite sure, that's not admissible according DICOM: DICOM only
    > > permits Photometric Interpretation =YBR_FULL_422 with JPEG lossy
    > > compressed (color) images.

    > > Gunter Zeilinger
    > > Agfa Healhcare Vienna

    That is something that I have been wondering: Does it make sense to
    have an uncompressed YBR_FULL_422 image. Or, should you always
    convert a compressed YBR_FULL_422 to YBR_FULL or RGB when
    decompressing to ELE for example?

+ Reply to Thread