DICOM Confusing......Pls help - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Confusing......Pls help - DICOM ; Hi All, I m totally new to DICOM. But eager to know about it. Dicom pdfs are more confusing . If anybody having DICOM Basics pdf or ebook pls send it to me. thanks in advance............

  1. DICOM Confusing......Pls help

    Hi All,

    I m totally new to DICOM.
    But eager to know about it.
    Dicom pdfs are more confusing .
    If anybody having DICOM Basics pdf or ebook pls send it to me.

    thanks in advance.........

  2. Re: DICOM Confusing......Pls help

    On Feb 26, 5:44 pm, "rajeshkank...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I m totally new to DICOM.
    > But eager to know about it.
    > Dicom pdfs are more confusing .
    > If anybody having DICOM Basics pdf or ebook pls send it to me.
    >
    > thanks in advance.........

    Hi Rajesh,

    They are not confusing at all!
    Try to understand the Basic Purpose of it and its Organization from
    DICOM Standard PDF No. 1. Don't jump in to other parts randomly.
    Then only you can get idea about what it is and how it is working to
    achieve the standardization of communication and exchange of
    information along with Images.
    You will like it!
    Search this group some days back there was a similar question and
    somebody suggested, I guess some Phillips guide book for DICOM. If I
    come across will tell you!

    All the Best!

    -Prashant

  3. Re: DICOM Confusing......Pls help

    On Feb 26, 11:00 am, PacificPrashant wrote:
    > On Feb 26, 5:44 pm, "rajeshkank...@gmail.com"
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Hi All,

    > > I m totally new to DICOM.
    > > But eager to know about it.
    > > Dicom pdfs are more confusing .
    > > If anybody having DICOM Basics pdf or ebook pls send it to me.

    > > thanks in advance.........

    > Hi Rajesh,
    >
    > They are not confusing at all!
    > Try to understand the Basic Purpose of it and its Organization from
    > DICOM Standard PDF No. 1. Don't jump in to other parts randomly.
    > Then only you can get idea about what it is and how it is working to
    > achieve the standardization of communication and exchange of
    > information along with Images.
    > You will like it!
    > Search this group some days back there was a similar question and
    > somebody suggested, I guess some Phillips guide book for DICOM. If I
    > come across will tell you!

    Those PDFs are referenced from the main page of the philips DICOM
    conformance web page:

    http://www.medical.philips.com/main/.../connectivity/

    scroll to the bottom of the page. But as Prashant says, you'll have to
    read the standard at some point anyway.

    HTH
    -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread