Newbie needs help with low-level a-associate-rq structure - DICOM

This is a discussion on Newbie needs help with low-level a-associate-rq structure - DICOM ; Hi all, I'm trying to write a simple php script to query a dicom storage device. I have some experience with sockets in php, and I've been googling aroudn for literally the last three days to try to find some ...

  1. Newbie needs help with low-level a-associate-rq structure

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to write a simple php script to query a dicom storage
    device. I have some experience with sockets in php, and I've been
    googling aroudn for literally the last three days to try to find some
    data about what the storage device is expecting. I used tcpdump to
    take look at the packets, and even tried duplicating them in my php
    script, but I am not getting an associate-ac response. Things are not
    as simple as I'd hoped.

    I've been reading the specs at ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2007/07_04pu.pdf
    and they don't seem to match the structure I'm seeing in my tcpdump.
    I'm guessing there are optional sub-items. It also appears to me that
    a lot of the dicom commands are hex values, but I'm really still
    trying to puzzle that one out...

    Can anybody point me to a resource that gives the low level
    requirements to build a associate-rq? a "dummy's guide to dicom
    messaging"?

    Thanks!

    Aerik

  2. Re: Newbie needs help with low-level a-associate-rq structure

    Hi Aerik

    Have you had a look at part 7 and part 8 of DICOM manuals, if not then have
    a look at them. Part 4 that you have seen would explain you query/retrieve
    service that you need to implement. One more thing, please refer to the
    latest 2008 manuals.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

    "Aerik" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to write a simple php script to query a dicom storage
    > device. I have some experience with sockets in php, and I've been
    > googling aroudn for literally the last three days to try to find some
    > data about what the storage device is expecting. I used tcpdump to
    > take look at the packets, and even tried duplicating them in my php
    > script, but I am not getting an associate-ac response. Things are not
    > as simple as I'd hoped.
    >
    > I've been reading the specs at
    > ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2007/07_04pu.pdf
    > and they don't seem to match the structure I'm seeing in my tcpdump.
    > I'm guessing there are optional sub-items. It also appears to me that
    > a lot of the dicom commands are hex values, but I'm really still
    > trying to puzzle that one out...
    >
    > Can anybody point me to a resource that gives the low level
    > requirements to build a associate-rq? a "dummy's guide to dicom
    > messaging"?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Aerik

+ Reply to Thread