How to refer all images from a series in BSPS? - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to refer all images from a series in BSPS? - DICOM ; Hi, This is regarding the References to the Images in BSPS. In Blending Presentation State relationship, we specify the Study, Series from which we need to select the images/frames (these images may be UNDERLYING or SUPERIMPOSED depending on the positions ...

  1. How to refer all images from a series in BSPS?

    Hi,

    This is regarding the References to the Images in BSPS. In Blending
    Presentation State relationship, we specify the Study, Series from
    which we need to select the images/frames (these images may be
    UNDERLYING or SUPERIMPOSED depending on the positions of the
    datasets.)
    But here in BSPS we need to explicitly specify images/frames contained
    in a series which needs to be considered for Fusion.
    If a series has 100 Images and I need to refer all them from BSPS then
    I need to mention 100 Items in the Referenced Image Sequence in BSPS
    relationship module and for each item I will have to mention the SOP
    Class and SOP Instance of that image.

    Is there any way to refer to all images from a series in BSPS without
    mentioning the individual Image Instance explicitly?

    If anybody has any idea, please share your views....
    Waiting for your expert advice! Also please visit my earlier BSPS
    related Query...I haven't received any reply for them
    Correct me if I am wrong!

    Many Thanks!

    Regards,
    Prashant

  2. Re: How to refer all images from a series in BSPS?

    On Feb 21, 12:13 pm, PacificPrashant wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is regarding the References to the Images in BSPS. In Blending
    > Presentation State relationship, we specify the Study, Series from
    > which we need to select the images/frames (these images may be
    > UNDERLYING or SUPERIMPOSED depending on the positions of the
    > datasets.)
    > But here in BSPS we need to explicitly specify images/frames contained
    > in a series which needs to be considered for Fusion.
    > If a series has 100 Images and I need to refer all them from BSPS then
    > I need to mention 100 Items in the Referenced Image Sequence in BSPS
    > relationship module and for each item I will have to mention the SOP
    > Class and SOP Instance of that image.
    >
    > Is there any way to refer to all images from a series in BSPS without
    > mentioning the individual Image Instance explicitly?
    >
    > If anybody has any idea, please share your views....
    > Waiting for your expert advice! Also please visit my earlier BSPS
    > related Query...I haven't received any reply for them
    > Correct me if I am wrong!
    >
    > Many Thanks!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant

    Hi All

    Why Referenced Image sequence in Presentation State Relationship is
    type 1,
    why it cannot be type 1C so that it needs to be present and hold valid
    values only when one wants to apply presentation to the subset of
    images in the
    series. In other conditions it will be applied to the entire series
    identified by Series instance uid present inside the referenced series
    sequence.

    Just a thought. Need clarification and inputs.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

  3. Re: How to refer all images from a series in BSPS?

    No.

    You have to list all instances.

    We felt that this was a safer design than "assuming" that the
    receiver would have the same knowledge of what was in the series
    as the creator of the BSPS, and consistent with the design of other
    presentation state objects.

    David

    PacificPrashant wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is regarding the References to the Images in BSPS. In Blending
    > Presentation State relationship, we specify the Study, Series from
    > which we need to select the images/frames (these images may be
    > UNDERLYING or SUPERIMPOSED depending on the positions of the
    > datasets.)
    > But here in BSPS we need to explicitly specify images/frames contained
    > in a series which needs to be considered for Fusion.
    > If a series has 100 Images and I need to refer all them from BSPS then
    > I need to mention 100 Items in the Referenced Image Sequence in BSPS
    > relationship module and for each item I will have to mention the SOP
    > Class and SOP Instance of that image.
    >
    > Is there any way to refer to all images from a series in BSPS without
    > mentioning the individual Image Instance explicitly?
    >
    > If anybody has any idea, please share your views....
    > Waiting for your expert advice! Also please visit my earlier BSPS
    > related Query...I haven't received any reply for them
    > Correct me if I am wrong!
    >
    > Many Thanks!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant