DICOM image streaming over internet - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM image streaming over internet - DICOM ; Dear friends, Could anyone please help me to provide a solution for this issue? We are working on the design of a DICOM web viewer application, in which we are planning to use kakadu software. But we are not getting ...

  1. DICOM image streaming over internet

    Dear friends,

    Could anyone please help me to provide a solution for this issue?
    We are working on the design of a DICOM web viewer application, in
    which we are planning to use kakadu software.
    But we are not getting a correct solution of how to do window Width/
    Level in mouse move.

    I seen in dcm4che's WADO, there is an option to give window width/
    level value in the http request parameter.
    Since the request is going back to pacs server each time, the time
    consumption will be high and it will affect the display speed.
    I would like to know, which is the best method to achieve this, should
    I store the image in locally or requesting the image each time?

    Thanks and regards
    Alvin

  2. Re: DICOM image streaming over internet

    Hi Alvin,

    That is the choice - either do window/level processing on the server,
    with higher bandwidth and server side cpu requirements, or handle it
    on the client. Processing on the client will require a browser plugin
    or application, and it would download the image data just once. There
    may be some kind of plugin already available that can do this. I don't
    think its possible to handle window/level in the browser with only DOM/
    javascript.

    One option for client side processing would be a custom java applet,
    maybe something based on JImage.

    hope this helps -
    Greg Schorno

    On Feb 13, 9:57 pm, alvin wrote:
    > Dear friends,
    >
    > Could anyone please help me to provide a solution for this issue?
    > We are working on the design of a DICOM web viewer application, in
    > which we are planning to use kakadu software.
    > But we are not getting a correct solution of how to do window Width/
    > Level in mouse move.
    >
    > I seen in dcm4che's WADO, there is an option to give window width/
    > level value in the http request parameter.
    > Since the request is going back to pacs server each time, the time
    > consumption will be high and it will affect the display speed.
    > I would like to know, which is the best method to achieve this, should
    > I store the image in locally or requesting the image each time?
    >
    > Thanks and regards
    > Alvin

+ Reply to Thread