C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture - DICOM

This is a discussion on C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture - DICOM ; Hi I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the Request Identifier Strcuture? Peter...

  1. C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    Hi

    I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level
    (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID
    (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the
    Request Identifier Strcuture?

    Peter

  2. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    On Feb 7, 8:48 am, pefe wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level
    > (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID
    > (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the
    > Request Identifier Strcuture?
    >
    > Peter

    That should be enough to move a single SOP instance. You may
    ( depending on the PACS ) have to provide the extended negotiation sub
    item for "Relational Retrieve" in your Associate-Request message.

  3. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    > I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level
    > (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID
    > (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the
    > Request Identifier Strcuture?

    No, it is not. You need to specify the unique keys of all information model
    levels down to the actual Q/R level. In your case, if you are using Study Root,
    you need to specify the Study Instance UID, Series Instance UID and SOP Instance UID
    (and of course the Q/R level) as part of the C-MOVE-RQ dataset.

    See DICOM Part 4, section C.4.2.2.1.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  4. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    On Feb 8, 3:38 am, Marco Eichelberg
    wrote:
    > > I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level
    > > (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID
    > > (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the
    > > Request Identifier Strcuture?

    > No, it is not. You need to specify the unique keys of all information model
    > levels down to the actual Q/R level. In your case, if you are using Study Root,
    > you need to specify the Study Instance UID, Series Instance UID and SOP Instance UID
    > (and of course the Q/R level) as part of the C-MOVE-RQ dataset.
    >
    > See DICOM Part 4, section C.4.2.2.1.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

    You only need to specify the unique keys at the upper levels if you
    are moving in hierarchical mode. In you negotiate relational retrieve
    then the Unique key at the requested level is all that is required to
    perform a C-Move.

    C.4.2.3.2.1 Relational-Retrieve
    The C-MOVE Service with relational-retrieve removes the restriction
    that the SCU supply Unique
    Key values for levels above the Query/Retrieve level to help identify
    an entity at the level of the
    retrieval. Hence, the Identifier of a C-MOVE request may specify the
    transfer of:
    -- all composite object instances related to a study by only providing
    a Study
    Instance UID (0020,000D)
    -- all composite object instances related to a series by only providing
    a Series
    Instance UID (0020,000E)
    -- individual composite object

  5. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    On 8 Feb., 15:31, DelFarmer wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 3:38 am, Marco Eichelberg
    > wrote:
    >
    > > > I want to make a C-MOVE Operation (SCU). The Query/Retrieve Level
    > > > (0008,0052) is IMAGE. Is it enough if I add the SOP Instance UID
    > > > (0008,0018) and Query/Retrieve Level (0008,0052) = IMAGE in the
    > > > Request Identifier Strcuture?

    > > No, it is not. You need to specify the unique keys of all information model
    > > levels down to the actual Q/R level. In your case, if you are using Study Root,
    > > you need to specify the Study Instance UID, Series Instance UID and SOP Instance UID
    > > (and of course the Q/R level) as part of the C-MOVE-RQ dataset.

    > > See DICOM Part 4, section C.4.2.2.1.

    > > Regards,
    > > Marco Eichelberg
    > > OFFIS

    > You only need to specify the unique keys at the upper levels if you
    > are moving in hierarchical mode. *In you negotiate relational retrieve
    > then the Unique key at the requested level is all that is required to
    > perform a C-Move.
    >
    > C.4.2.3.2.1 Relational-Retrieve
    > The C-MOVE Service with relational-retrieve removes the restriction
    > that the SCU supply Unique
    > Key values for levels above the Query/Retrieve level to help identify
    > an entity at the level of the
    > retrieval. Hence, the Identifier of a C-MOVE request may specify the
    > transfer of:
    > -- all composite object instances related to a study by only providing
    > a Study
    > Instance UID (0020,000D)
    > -- all composite object instances related to a series by only providing
    > a Series
    > Instance UID (0020,000E)
    > -- individual composite object

    Is Relational-Retrieve supported by all PACS? If not, how can I know
    if it is supported?

    Peter

  6. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    > Is Relational-Retrieve supported by all PACS? If not, how can I know
    > if it is supported?
    >
    > Peter

    You can consult the DICOM conformance statement of the PACS in
    question. The other way would be to just try doing a relational C-
    MOVE to the PACS.

  7. Re: C-MOVE Request Identifier Strcuture

    From PS 3.4 C.4.1.3.2, Extended Behavior of SCP

    Extended SCP behavior shall be negotiated at Association establishment
    time. If an option within
    the extended behavior is not agreed upon in the negotiation, then only
    baseline SCP behavior
    shall be performed with respect to that option. Extended SCP behavior
    includes all baseline
    behavior with the following option: -- Relational-queries

    Thus besided consulting the DICOM conformance statement of the remote
    dicom device this capability can also be requested \ detected during
    association establishment.

+ Reply to Thread