Blending Softcopy Presentation State Query! - DICOM

This is a discussion on Blending Softcopy Presentation State Query! - DICOM ; Hi Friends, I am working on making a fusion of CT and PET Images. I came to know about the Blending Softcopy Presentation State (BSPS) and its use for the same and acquired some information about it. But I have ...

  1. Blending Softcopy Presentation State Query!

    Hi Friends,

    I am working on making a fusion of CT and PET Images. I came to know
    about the Blending Softcopy Presentation State (BSPS) and its use for
    the same and acquired some information about it. But I have a doubt as
    explained below. Please let me know if any one has any thoughts on
    it...

    1. In Annotations and Displayed Area transformation we can specify the
    individual Image/frames of images if it is multiframe image to which
    particular information applies. e.g. some annotation and some
    displayed area TLHC and BRHC are specified for an image.

    2. As per DICOM Standards version 2007 PDF 07_04pu.pdf Section N.2.3
    "Common Spatial and Annotation Transformations" , these
    transformations accept device independent values.

    3. In case of Blending Softcopy Presentation State, we get the Device
    Independent values only after we blend the two images (underlying and
    super-imposed) (please see DICOM Standard 2007 document 07_04pu.pdf,
    page 220), then how we can apply the Annotation/Displayed
    Transformations which are defined for particular dataset(underlying/
    superimposed) and particular image/frame, if we are not having any
    identity of the image remaining there due to blending (both images are
    no longer seperate due to fusion).
    How we can perform these annotations and displayed are transformations
    then?

    e.g. CT Dataset is underlying one and it has a images A,B,C etc.
    PET Dataset is superimposed and it has images P,Q,R.
    Now if blending is done for A and P we will get a fused image say "F".
    But in BSPS, annotations and displayed area selection is defined for
    Image A and B separately with different values. then how to perform
    them?

    Hope I have not made it too complex to understand :-)

    If anybody has any clue please revert back....

    Many thanks in advance!

    Regards
    -Prashant

  2. Re: Blending Softcopy Presentation State Query!

    On Feb 5, 4:03*pm, lokhand...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Friends,
    >
    > I am working on making a fusion of CT and PET Images. I came to know
    > about the Blending Softcopy Presentation State (BSPS) and its use for
    > the same and acquired some information about it. But I have a doubt as
    > explained below. Please let me know if any one has any thoughts on
    > it...
    >
    > 1. In Annotations and Displayed Area transformation we can specify the
    > individual Image/frames of images if it is multiframe image to which
    > particular information applies. e.g. some annotation and some
    > displayed area TLHC and BRHC are specified for an image.
    >
    > 2. As per DICOM Standards version 2007 PDF 07_04pu.pdf Section N.2.3
    > "Common Spatial and Annotation Transformations" , these
    > transformations accept device independent values.
    >
    > 3. In case of Blending Softcopy Presentation State, we get the Device
    > Independent values only after we blend the two images (underlying and
    > super-imposed) (please see DICOM Standard 2007 document 07_04pu.pdf,
    > page 220), then how we can apply the Annotation/Displayed
    > Transformations which are defined for particular dataset(underlying/
    > superimposed) and particular image/frame, if we are not having any
    > identity of the image remaining there due to blending (both images are
    > no longer seperate due to fusion).
    > How we can perform these annotations and displayed are transformations
    > then?
    >
    > e.g. CT Dataset is underlying one and it has a images A,B,C etc.
    > PET Dataset is superimposed and it has images P,Q,R.
    > Now if blending is done for A and P we will get a fused image say "F".
    > But in BSPS, annotations and displayed area selection is defined for
    > Image A and B separately with different values. then how to perform
    > them?
    >
    > Hope I have not made it too complex to understand *:-)
    >
    > If anybody has any clue please revert back....
    >
    > Many thanks in advance!
    >
    > Regards
    > -Prashant

    Knock knock!
    Any body there?
    Please let me know if any one has any clue on this....

    Many thanks,
    Prashant

  3. Re: Blending Softcopy Presentation State Query!

    On Feb 7, 1:27*pm, PacificPrashant wrote:
    > On Feb 5, 4:03*pm, lokhand...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Friends,

    > > I am working on making a fusion of CT and PET Images. I came to know
    > > about the Blending Softcopy Presentation State (BSPS) and its use for
    > > the same and acquired some information about it. But I have a doubt as
    > > explained below. Please let me know if any one has any thoughts on
    > > it...

    > > 1. In Annotations and Displayed Area transformation we can specify the
    > > individual Image/frames of images if it is multiframe image to which
    > > particular information applies. e.g. some annotation and some
    > > displayed area TLHC and BRHC are specified for an image.

    > > 2. As per DICOM Standards version 2007 PDF 07_04pu.pdf Section N.2.3
    > > "Common Spatial and Annotation Transformations" , these
    > > transformations accept device independent values.

    > > 3. In case of Blending Softcopy Presentation State, we get the Device
    > > Independent values only after we blend the two images (underlying and
    > > super-imposed) (please see DICOM Standard 2007 document 07_04pu.pdf,
    > > page 220), then how we can apply the Annotation/Displayed
    > > Transformations which are defined for particular dataset(underlying/
    > > superimposed) and particular image/frame, if we are not having any
    > > identity of the image remaining there due to blending (both images are
    > > no longer seperate due to fusion).
    > > How we can perform these annotations and displayed are transformations
    > > then?

    > > e.g. CT Dataset is underlying one and it has a images A,B,C etc.
    > > PET Dataset is superimposed and it has images P,Q,R.
    > > Now if blending is done for A and P we will get a fused image say "F".
    > > But in BSPS, annotations and displayed area selection is defined for
    > > Image A and B separately with different values. then how to perform
    > > them?

    > > Hope I have not made it too complex to understand *:-)

    > > If anybody has any clue please revert back....

    > > Many thanks in advance!

    > > Regards
    > > -Prashant

    > Knock knock!
    > Any body there?
    > Please let me know if any one has any clue on this....
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Prashant- Hide quoted text -

    Nobody read this Query?
    Experts, Please come forward!