Facility needs MAC address to connect to PACS for worklist reasons? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Facility needs MAC address to connect to PACS for worklist reasons? - DICOM ; This is a demo in PICU and radiology My guess is security? thanks for any help...

  1. Facility needs MAC address to connect to PACS for worklist reasons?

    This is a demo in PICU and radiology

    My guess is security?

    thanks for any help

  2. Re: Facility needs MAC address to connect to PACS for worklistreasons?

    On Feb 2, 9:34*pm, reinhardt wrote:
    > This is a demo in PICU and radiology
    >
    > My guess is security?
    >
    > thanks for any help

    Can't say why they need it for worklist? Sometimes a MAC is needed
    for network reasons. Maybe the network is locked down. Some networks
    won't allow access unless the MAC is known to the network. Only a
    guess.

  3. Re: Facility needs MAC address to connect to PACS for worklistreasons?

    On Feb 9, 9:13*pm, brooksw...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > On Feb 2, 9:34*pm, reinhardt wrote:
    >
    > > This is a demo in PICU and radiology

    > > My guess is security?

    > > thanks for any help

    > Can't say why they need it for worklist? *Sometimes a MAC is needed
    > for network reasons. *Maybe the network is locked down. *Some networks
    > won't allow access unless the MAC is known to the network. *Only a
    > guess.

    that is about the way it turned out

    demo went well

    they didn't really need the MAC