split multiframe dicom file - DICOM

This is a discussion on split multiframe dicom file - DICOM ; Hi Group, Are there any free utilities which can split a MR multiframe dicom file to individual single frame dicom files?...

  1. split multiframe dicom file

    Hi Group,

    Are there any free utilities which can split a MR multiframe dicom
    file to individual single frame dicom files?

  2. Re: split multiframe dicom file

    HFLI wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > Are there any free utilities which can split a MR multiframe dicom
    > file to individual single frame dicom files?

    Hi!

    A few years ago I wrote a 'command line' program to split Multiframe XA
    images into single frame images, using GDCM library (works on Linux,
    Windows, MacOs)

    The stuff was intended to make the files readable by PhD student
    programs (just read the file, split it, put a minimum DICOM header, and
    write)
    I you want to send back the single frame images to a PACS, It will be a
    little bit more difficult, because a lot of informations will be missing
    (e.g. 'image position (patient)', and so on.

    Could you send me a sample of your images so I can check if my stuff
    works for MR images, as well.

    Jean-Pierre Roux

  3. Re: split multiframe dicom file

    The dcuncat in dicom3tools will split the frames BUT the resulting
    objects will still be of the enhanced SOP class, so need further
    massaging to change them to the "old" MR SOP class (not just
    changing the SOPClassUID but also moving pixel spacing, orientation,
    position, etc. out of the functional groups to the top level
    data set.

    Why do you need to do this ?

    David

    HFLI wrote:

    > Are there any free utilities which can split a MR multiframe dicom
    > file to individual single frame dicom files?

  4. Re: split multiframe dicom file

    Hi

    In today's build of dicom3tools, I have added an "-unenhance" option
    to dcuncat to create old CT and MR objects from the new enhanced ones.

    David

    David Clunie wrote:
    > The dcuncat in dicom3tools will split the frames BUT the resulting
    > objects will still be of the enhanced SOP class, so need further
    > massaging to change them to the "old" MR SOP class (not just
    > changing the SOPClassUID but also moving pixel spacing, orientation,
    > position, etc. out of the functional groups to the top level
    > data set.
    >
    > Why do you need to do this ?
    >
    > David
    >
    > HFLI wrote:
    >
    >> Are there any free utilities which can split a MR multiframe dicom
    >> file to individual single frame dicom files?

+ Reply to Thread