DICOM Applet using ImageJ - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Applet using ImageJ - DICOM ; Hi Everybody! I have a short question. As I am going to develop a very simple applet that is capable of displaying DICOM files for the use in an web application I was thinking of using ImageJ for this task. ...

  1. DICOM Applet using ImageJ

    Hi Everybody!

    I have a short question. As I am going to develop a very simple applet
    that is capable of displaying DICOM files for the use in an web
    application I was thinking of using ImageJ for this task.

    All I want to do is display DICOM files that are saved on the server,
    so there is no need for contacting a DICOM node as this is done by the
    server. I just want to display them, view the header, alter the
    contrast and perform some basic measurement operations.

    During my research I have come along a basic question. Is there a good
    DICOM plugin for the use with ImageJ? I mean ImageJ seems to be
    perfect. It can open DICOM files (as long as they are uncompressed),
    it can display the header, but what I would need would be a plugin to
    perform these basic DICOM operations like altering the contrast,
    zooming, ... You know, the things you do by moving the mouse up and
    down or from the left to the right. Is there any way to do this in
    imageJ? Or do I have to write my own plugins?

    I would really appreciate your help!

    If you can think of a better solution, discharding imageJ, please feel
    free to tell me!

    Thanks in Advance!
    Stefan

  2. Re: DICOM Applet using ImageJ

    Stefan,
    You have to do WADO do display DICOM images over the web....check
    out dcm4che. I think Tudor DICOM kit for ImageJ uses dcm4che but I'm
    not sure to what end.
    Ben

+ Reply to Thread