Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD?? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD?? - DICOM ; Hi all ,I am working on a DICOM converter for converting jpeg image format to DICOM format. I am using SC IOD for my case. I am very much confused on following: a) In SC IOD the "General Series" Module ...

  1. Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD??

    Hi all ,I am working on a DICOM converter for converting
    jpeg image format to DICOM format. I am using SC IOD
    for my case. I am very much confused on following:

    a) In SC IOD the "General Series" Module
    i.e Part-3 section C.7.3.1 is Mandatory.
    Within the "General Series Module" the attribute
    "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) is of "Type 1" i.e mandatory.
    But I am really confused since "SC IOD" is modality
    independent. So how come this attribute i.e "Series Instance UID"
    can have a valid value in case of SC IOD?? or I can omit this field
    i.e. "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) when converting jpeg to
    DICOM
    format?

    Waiting for response!
    Thanks in advance

    Navdeep

  2. Re: Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD??

    On Jan 31, 11:57 am, navdeepr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all ,I am working on a DICOM converter for converting
    > jpeg image format to DICOM format. I am using SC IOD
    > for my case. I am very much confused on following:
    >
    > a) In SC IOD the "General Series" Module
    > i.e Part-3 section C.7.3.1 is Mandatory.
    > Within the "General Series Module" the attribute
    > "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) is of "Type 1" i.e mandatory.
    > But I am really confused since "SC IOD" is modality
    > independent. So how come this attribute i.e "Series Instance UID"
    > can have a valid value in case of SC IOD?? or I can omit this field
    > i.e. "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) when converting jpeg to
    > DICOM
    > format?
    >
    > Waiting for response!
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Navdeep

    I am waiting for response from all you techies! I can imagine that my
    query may be very novice but still i gota be clear about it.

  3. Re: Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD??

    On Feb 1, 6:16 am, navdeepr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 11:57 am, navdeepr...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi all ,I am working on a DICOM converter for converting
    > > jpeg image format to DICOM format. I am using SC IOD
    > > for my case. I am very much confused on following:

    > > a) In SC IOD the "General Series" Module
    > > i.e Part-3 section C.7.3.1 is Mandatory.
    > > Within the "General Series Module" the attribute
    > > "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) is of "Type 1" i.e mandatory.
    > > But I am really confused since "SC IOD" is modality
    > > independent. So how come this attribute i.e "Series Instance UID"
    > > can have a valid value in case of SC IOD?? or I can omit this field
    > > i.e. "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) when converting jpeg to
    > > DICOM
    > > format?

    > > Waiting for response!
    > > Thanks in advance

    > > Navdeep

    > I am waiting for response from all you techies! I can imagine that my
    > query may be very novice but still i gota be clear about it.

    UIDs for Study, Series and Instance entities of all Composite Objects
    are mandatory. If you don't want to use the Series Entity to group
    several SC Instances in one Series (=sharing also all other Series
    Level attributes), you may generate a new Series Instance UID for each
    SC image - as you do for its SOP Instance UID (Attention: you cannot
    use the same UID as Series and SOP Instance UID!)

  4. Re: Can "Series Instance UID" can be omitted in SC IOD??

    On Feb 1, 9:41 am, gunter zeilinger wrote:
    > On Feb 1, 6:16 am, navdeepr...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Jan 31, 11:57 am, navdeepr...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi all ,I am working on a DICOM converter for converting
    > > > jpeg image format to DICOM format. I am using SC IOD
    > > > for my case. I am very much confused on following:

    > > > a) In SC IOD the "General Series" Module
    > > > i.e Part-3 section C.7.3.1 is Mandatory.
    > > > Within the "General Series Module" the attribute
    > > > "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) is of "Type 1" i.e mandatory.
    > > > But I am really confused since "SC IOD" is modality
    > > > independent. So how come this attribute i.e "Series Instance UID"
    > > > can have a valid value in case of SC IOD?? or I can omit this field
    > > > i.e. "Series Instance UID"(0020,000E) when converting jpeg to
    > > > DICOM
    > > > format?

    > > > Waiting for response!
    > > > Thanks in advance

    > > > Navdeep

    > > I am waiting for response from all you techies! I can imagine that my
    > > query may be very novice but still i gota be clear about it.

    > UIDs for Study, Series and Instance entities of all Composite Objects
    > are mandatory. If you don't want to use the Series Entity to group
    > several SC Instances in one Series (=sharing also all other Series
    > Level attributes), you may generate a new Series Instance UID for each
    > SC image - as you do for its SOP Instance UID (Attention: you cannot
    > use the same UID as Series and SOP Instance UID!)

    Thanks a lot!

    cheerss.ssssss
    navdeep

+ Reply to Thread