Handling Clinical Reports - DICOM

This is a discussion on Handling Clinical Reports - DICOM ; I have a couple of queries related to the display of reports in DICOM, non-DICOM viewers: 1. Generally, reports generated by Radiologists in their workstations are in Word, PDF formats. How can such reports be displayed on a DICOM viewer. ...

  1. Handling Clinical Reports

    I have a couple of queries related to the display of reports in DICOM,
    non-DICOM viewers:

    1. Generally, reports generated by Radiologists in their workstations
    are in Word, PDF formats. How can such reports be displayed on a
    DICOM viewer. In other words, how does the conversion of reports from
    non-DICOM formats such as Word, PDF to DICOM happen?

    2. In some other scenarios, it is required that DICOM data such as
    DICOM Image needs to be viewed in a web based workstation, which is
    located in a remote place away from the main hospital. Is there a
    facility to convert DICOM images to HTML? If so what is the protocol
    followed?

  2. Re: Handling Clinical Reports

    On Jan 28, 1:35 pm, vijaya wrote:
    > I have a couple of queries related to the display of reports in DICOM,
    > non-DICOM viewers:
    >
    > 1. Generally, reports generated by Radiologists in their workstations
    > are in Word, PDF formats. How can such reports be displayed on a
    > DICOM viewer. In other words, how does the conversion of reports from
    > non-DICOM formats such as Word, PDF to DICOM happen?

    PDF is supported. See transfer syntax 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1,
    Encapsulated PDF Storage. I do not know about Word, but I guess you
    could change that to text file, and then check
    1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.88.11, Basic Text SR Storage.

    There is also a way to store XML document, but I never seen such
    files.

    > 2. In some other scenarios, it is required that DICOM data such as
    > DICOM Image needs to be viewed in a web based workstation, which is
    > located in a remote place away from the main hospital. Is there a
    > facility to convert DICOM images to HTML? If so what is the protocol
    > followed?

    I believe you are looking for Portable Data for Imaging (PDI)

    -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread