Displaying of zoomed images - DICOM

This is a discussion on Displaying of zoomed images - DICOM ; Hello All, I have a basic doubt regarding the display of zoomed images. Let us assume that I have zoomed an image by a factor of 2 on a high resolution monitor. Now I save the changes made (in a ...

  1. Displaying of zoomed images

    Hello All,

    I have a basic doubt regarding the display of zoomed images. Let us
    assume that I have zoomed an image by a factor of 2 on a high
    resolution monitor. Now I save the changes made (in a grayscale
    presentation state object) and load the same image on a lower
    resolution monitor and apply the saved presentation state on the
    image. Now, the displayed area of the image will be obviously less
    than of the one displayed in the high resolution monitor. Is this the
    correct behavior ? If this is the correct behavior, then is there any
    provision in the standard where the displayed area of the image should
    remain same irrespective of monitor resolutions ( i.e. I want the
    displayed area to remain same even when the presentation size mode is
    MAGNIFY) ?

    Thanks,
    Naveen.

  2. Re: Displaying of zoomed images

    On Jan 25, 12:07*pm, Naveen wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I have a basic doubt regarding the display of zoomed images. Let us
    > assume that I have zoomed an image by a factor * of 2 on a high
    > resolution monitor. Now I save the changes made (in a grayscale
    > presentation state object) and load the same image on a lower
    > resolution monitor and apply the saved presentation state on the
    > image. Now, the displayed area of the image will be obviously less
    > than of the one displayed in the high resolution monitor. Is this the
    > correct behavior ? If this is the correct behavior, then is there any
    > provision in the standard where the displayed area of the image should
    > remain same irrespective of monitor resolutions ( i.e. I want the
    > displayed area to remain same even when the presentation size mode is
    > MAGNIFY) ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Naveen.

    Hi Naveen

    For the behavior you want there is a attribute please have a look at
    Presentation Pixel Magnification Ratio (0x0070, 0103). You can use it
    with Pixel size mode "MAGNIFY".
    Have a look in part 3.

    I hope it helps.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

  3. Re: Displaying of zoomed images

    On Jan 28, 1:29 pm, bimalen...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jan 25, 12:07 pm, Naveen wrote:
    >

    > > Hello All,

    > > I have a basic doubt regarding the display of zoomed images. Let us
    > > assume that I have zoomed an image by a factor of 2 on a high
    > > resolution monitor. Now I save the changes made (in a grayscale
    > > presentation state object) and load the same image on a lower
    > > resolution monitor and apply the saved presentation state on the
    > > image. Now, the displayed area of the image will be obviously less
    > > than of the one displayed in the high resolution monitor. Is this the
    > > correct behavior ? If this is the correct behavior, then is there any
    > > provision in the standard where the displayed area of the image should
    > > remain same irrespective of monitor resolutions ( i.e. I want the
    > > displayed area to remain same even when the presentation size mode is
    > > MAGNIFY) ?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Naveen.

    > Hi Naveen
    >
    > For the behavior you want there is a attribute please have a look at
    > Presentation Pixel Magnification Ratio (0x0070, 0103). You can use it
    > with Pixel size mode "MAGNIFY".
    > Have a look in part 3.
    >
    > I hope it helps.
    >
    > Regards
    > Bimalendu

    Thanks Bimalendu for your reply..
    But I still have some doubts, the above mentioned will work only if
    display window size in high resolution and low resolution monitor
    contains same number of pixels isn't it? Is there any way to ensure
    the same area is displayed even if the no. of pixels in the display
    window of the low resolution monitor is less than that of the gigh
    resolution monitor.

+ Reply to Thread