Implant Description Storage SOP Class - DICOM

This is a discussion on Implant Description Storage SOP Class - DICOM ; Hi everyone! I'm new to this google group and I already have a question for you. I've read there is a working group about Implant Description Storage SOP Class. I was wondering if it willl include orthopedic surgeon prosthesis (or ...

  1. Implant Description Storage SOP Class

    Hi everyone!

    I'm new to this google group and I already have a question for you.

    I've read there is a working group about Implant Description Storage
    SOP Class. I was wondering if it willl include orthopedic surgeon
    prosthesis (or implants, dunno the right english word for them). Can
    anyone tell me something about it?

    Thanks a lot! and sorry for my english

    Cheers

  2. Re: Implant Description Storage SOP Class

    On Jan 16, 9:29*am, mbravo wrote:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I'm new to this google group and I already have a question for you.
    >
    > I've read there is a working group about Implant Description Storage
    > SOP Class. I was wondering if it willl include orthopedic surgeon
    > prosthesis (or implants, dunno the right english word for them). Can
    > anyone tell me something about it?
    >
    > Thanks a lot! and sorry for my english
    >
    > Cheers

    Check out the current DICOM Strategy document:
    http://medical.nema.org/dicom/geninfo/Strategy.pdf
    in particular look at WG-24 and WG-17.

    There is a supplement for a basic mesh object currently out for
    public comment:
    http://www.dclunie.com/dicom-status/...ementsByNumber
    (Scroll down to Supp 132)

    The mesh object may subsequently be used for a more specific
    prosthesis object.

    Til Later,
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread