VLC LCG Diagnostic Code - DEC

This is a discussion on VLC LCG Diagnostic Code - DEC ; I am getting the following diagnostic code from my VLC. ?? 010 2 LCG 0086 I do not have a manual and various web searches have not provided the answer. My hope echoes that of another poster who speculated it ...

  1. VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    I am getting the following diagnostic code from my VLC.

    ?? 010 2 LCG 0086

    I do not have a manual and various web searches have not provided the
    answer. My hope echoes that of another poster who speculated it meant no
    monitor attached, which would be OK as that is my case here. Does anyone
    have a manual where they can look this up for me? If anyone has a PDF of the
    VLC manual that would be even better.

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    Robert Jarratt schrieb:
    > I am getting the following diagnostic code from my VLC.
    >
    > ?? 010 2 LCG 0086
    >
    > I do not have a manual and various web searches have not provided the
    > answer. My hope echoes that of another poster who speculated it meant no
    > monitor attached, which would be OK as that is my case here. Does anyone
    > have a manual where they can look this up for me? If anyone has a PDF of the
    > VLC manual that would be even better.

    you might check out

    http://vt100.net/mirror/mds-199909/cd1/vax/v48vbsv1.pdf

    VAXstation 4000 VLC Service Information

    HTH

  3. Re: VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    Robert Jarratt wrote:
    > I am getting the following diagnostic code from my VLC.
    >
    > ?? 010 2 LCG 0086
    >
    > I do not have a manual and various web searches have not provided the
    > answer. My hope echoes that of another poster who speculated it meant no
    > monitor attached, which would be OK as that is my case here. Does anyone
    > have a manual where they can look this up for me? If anyone has a PDF of the
    > VLC manual that would be even better.

    I have a serial console on mine and always assumed that it was because the
    monitor was not connected. I also found that after a few boots the message
    stopped coming up.

    Regards, Tim.

  4. Re: VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    I'm curious to know if anyone has a definitive answer on this particular error. I have 3 VLC units and they all do this and were all bought from different sources over a couple of years. It would seem unlikely to me that they would all have bad video cards, but I can't find anything about running a VLC without the monitor attached. The service manual doesn't really elaborate either. Plus, if I run "test 2" manually, it says it's OK. Any insight would be appreciated...

    KA48-A V1.3-343-V4.0
    08-00-2B-23-08-75
    24MB

    ?? 010 2 LCG 0086
    ?? 001 9 NI 0172

    ?02 EXT HLT
    PC= 2004B052 PSL= 041F0000

    >>> show error

    ?? 010 2 LCG 0056
    010 0001 FFFFFFFF 22800008 55555555 57555555

    ?? 001 9 NI 00AC
    001 0000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

    >>> test 2

    OK

  5. Re: VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    >>> show error

    ?? 010 2 LCG 0056
    010 0001 FFFFFFFF 22800008 55555555 57555555

    I was getting this exact error message on my VLC that has been down for over a year.

    After some poking around I found:

    >>> show dev
    DKA0 A/0/0 DISK 1.09GB FX FIREBAL 1Q09

    >>> show boot
    BOOT = DKA100

    Ah HA! My expansion box is not connected but my boot disk is in the expansion box!
    Also, I had not terminated the open SCSI port.
    After inserting the SCSI terminator plug I no longer get the error message.

    Will work on that to see if I can get it to boot after hooking it all up.

    Hope this helps you.

  6. Re: VLC LCG Diagnostic Code

    My previous post didn't show up ... but here is what I found:
    I got the same error code but it went away after plugging in the SCSI terminator.
    Then it wouldn't boot... my boot disk was in an expansion cabinet that wasn't attached.
    I attached the expansion cabinet.
    I STILL get the error, but can boot using the BOOT command.
    >>> show error

    ?? 010 2 LCG 0056
    010 0001 FFFFFFFF 22800008 55555555 57555555

    My video IS hosed. It has vertical stripes on it.
    So, I guess while it seems highly unlikely to have so many VLC's fail on exactly the same memory address, that's what mine has done.
    Time to go to the 'spares' pile and see if I can find one that doesn't have video problems.
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread