Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP - DEC

This is a discussion on Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP - DEC ; Does anyone have any slide rails for mounting a 3.5" disk in the front bay of this machine, that they are willing to part with? Also any front panel blanking plates for the same machine? Thanks Rob...

  1. Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP

    Does anyone have any slide rails for mounting a 3.5" disk in the front bay
    of this machine, that they are willing to part with? Also any front panel
    blanking plates for the same machine?

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP

    In article , "Robert Jarratt" writes:
    > Does anyone have any slide rails for mounting a 3.5" disk in the front bay
    > of this machine, that they are willing to part with? Also any front panel
    > blanking plates for the same machine?

    My hobbyist systems are all fine with duct tape for these. Do look
    out for cooling clearance and potential shorts. And this assumes
    that I'll do something else if I ever need to have someone else move
    them. (Not for professional installation.)

  3. Re: Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP

    "Bob Koehler" wrote in message
    > In article , "Robert Jarratt"
    > writes:
    >> Does anyone have any slide rails for mounting a 3.5" disk in the front
    >> bay
    >> of this machine, that they are willing to part with? Also any front panel
    >> blanking plates for the same machine?

    > My hobbyist systems are all fine with duct tape for these. Do look
    > out for cooling clearance and potential shorts. And this assumes
    > that I'll do something else if I ever need to have someone else move
    > them. (Not for professional installation.)

    I too am a hobbyist, and it is really just to make the system complete, not
    because they are critical for anything.

  4. Re: Slide Rails for DEC 2000 Model 300 AXP

    On Sep 19, 4:16 pm, "Robert Jarratt" wrote:
    > "Bob Koehler" wrote in message

    > > In article , "Robert Jarratt"
    > > writes:
    > >> Does anyone have any slide rails for mounting a 3.5" disk in the front
    > >> bay
    > >> of this machine, that they are willing to part with? Also any front panel
    > >> blanking plates for the same machine?

    > > My hobbyist systems are all fine with duct tape for these. Do look
    > > out for cooling clearance and potential shorts. And this assumes
    > > that I'll do something else if I ever need to have someone else move
    > > them. (Not for professional installation.)

    > I too am a hobbyist, and it is really just to make the system complete, not
    > because they are critical for anything.

    Our old AXP PC150 (same hardware) ran too warm with blanking plates in
    front of front mounted disks; we bought generic cooling fan inserts;
    they fit pretty well for cosmetics and made a huge difference in
    cooling. Sorry, no rails here; the box departed several years ago.

    Rich

+ Reply to Thread