Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC - DEC

This is a discussion on Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC - DEC ; I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to the console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as Reverse LAT and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, ...

  1. Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC

    I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to the
    console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as Reverse LAT
    and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, and I can't see any
    commands on the DECserver that would seem to allow me to do it.

    However, I found a page (http://www.advogato.org/person/trs80/diary/6.html)
    which suggests it is possible. Can anyone tell me how?

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC

    Robert Jarratt wrote:
    > I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to the
    > console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as Reverse LAT
    > and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, and I can't see any
    > commands on the DECserver that would seem to allow me to do it.
    >
    > However, I found a page (http://www.advogato.org/person/trs80/diary/6.html)
    > which suggests it is possible. Can anyone tell me how?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rob

    Usually you do it like you would configure a printer on a DECserver
    serial port. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a manual for DECserver 200
    software so I cannot tell you the exact commands. You should be able to
    get them from the terminal server help.

    Basically you configure the port for remote access (not local) and then
    you define a LAT service for that port.

    Regards,

    Kari

  3. Re: Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC

    "Uusimäki" wrote in message
    > Robert Jarratt wrote:
    >> I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to the
    >> console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as Reverse
    >> LAT and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, and I can't see any
    >> commands on the DECserver that would seem to allow me to do it.
    >>
    >> However, I found a page
    >> (http://www.advogato.org/person/trs80/diary/6.html) which suggests it is
    >> possible. Can anyone tell me how?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Rob

    > Usually you do it like you would configure a printer on a DECserver serial
    > port. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a manual for DECserver 200 software
    > so I cannot tell you the exact commands. You should be able to get them
    > from the terminal server help.
    >
    > Basically you configure the port for remote access (not local) and then
    > you define a LAT service for that port.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Kari

    Thanks, I'll check as I do have a PDF for the DECserver and there is the
    online help too.

    Regards

    Rob

  4. Re: Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC

    Robert Jarratt wrote:

    > I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to the
    > console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as Reverse LAT
    > and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, and I can't see any
    > commands on the DECserver that would seem to allow me to do it.
    >
    > However, I found a page (http://www.advogato.org/person/trs80/diary/6.html)
    > which suggests it is possible. Can anyone tell me how?

    DEFINE the port for access remote. That's the key parameter, but others I no
    longer remember are important, also.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  5. Re: Reverse LAT on a DECserver 200/MC

    "Robert Jarratt" wrote in

    > I would like to use my DECserver 200/MC to allow me remote access to
    > the console ports on a number of VAXen. I believe this is known as
    > Reverse LAT and that my DECserver is not capable of doing it, and I
    > can't see any commands on the DECserver that would seem to allow me to
    > do it.
    >
    > However, I found a page
    > (http://www.advogato.org/person/trs80/diary/6.html) which suggests it
    > is possible. Can anyone tell me how?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rob

    I seem to recall:
    define port 3 access remote speed 9600 autobaud disable
    logout port 3
    define service vax1console port 3
    set service vax1console port 3
    connect vax1console

    You may need to disable messages and/or verification for port 3 as well.
    (It has been a while since I've used one of these, although I do have one
    in front of me that is lifting my monitor a little higher.)

    Tad

+ Reply to Thread