DEC 3000/800 (or 900) User Guide/Service Manual - DEC

This is a discussion on DEC 3000/800 (or 900) User Guide/Service Manual - DEC ; Hi, Does anyone know if there is a pdf version of either the user guide or service manual for a DEC 3000/800 AXP (or the 900 which I believe is the same apart from upgraded processor)? Alternatively, if anyone has ...

  1. DEC 3000/800 (or 900) User Guide/Service Manual

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is a pdf version of either the user guide or
    service manual for a DEC 3000/800 AXP (or the 900 which I believe is
    the same apart from upgraded processor)?

    Alternatively, if anyone has a paper copy they are not using? I am
    based in the UK.

    I've just aquired said box and after a good cleanup it boots but
    intermittently sticks on the '0/0' diagnostic display when power is
    applied. I am going to contact clean all the connectors and memory
    cards to see if this helps, but it would be useful to know if there
    are any clues in the manuals.

    Many thanks, Mark.

  2. Re: DEC 3000/800 (or 900) User Guide/Service Manual

    urbancamo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a pdf version of either the user guide or
    > service manual for a DEC 3000/800 AXP (or the 900 which I believe is
    > the same apart from upgraded processor)?
    >
    > Alternatively, if anyone has a paper copy they are not using? I am
    > based in the UK.
    >
    > I've just aquired said box and after a good cleanup it boots but
    > intermittently sticks on the '0/0' diagnostic display when power is
    > applied. I am going to contact clean all the connectors and memory
    > cards to see if this helps, but it would be useful to know if there
    > are any clues in the manuals.
    >
    > Many thanks, Mark.

    A very good place where to find DEC manuals online is vt100.net/manx

    There is e.g. this one:

    http://vt100.net/mirror/mds-199909/c...a/flmulogb.pdf

    Regards,

    Kari

  3. Re: DEC 3000/800 (or 900) User Guide/Service Manual

    Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. Is there any
    reason why these manuals don't come up on a google search?

    Regards,

    Mark.

+ Reply to Thread