Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphas - DEC

This is a discussion on Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphas - DEC ; In article , Elliott Roper wrote: > I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip. > Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should > mention what's left in case anyone ...

  1. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphas

    In article <130820070946381392%nospam@yrl.co.uk>, Elliott Roper
    wrote:

    > I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip.
    > Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should
    > mention what's left in case anyone wants it.

    The last of it has left the building.
    I'm pleased to say that all the really useful bits seem to have new
    owners who will look after and use the dear old things.

    It is a bit sad to be saying goodbye to VMS (well maybe I'll crank up
    SIMH on a Mac if the nostalgia gets unbearable)

    But, hell, it *was* fun while it lasted.

    --
    To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
    PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

  2. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphas

    In article <230820070052253169%nospam@yrl.co.uk>, Elliott Roper
    writes:

    > In article <130820070946381392%nospam@yrl.co.uk>, Elliott Roper
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip.
    > > Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should
    > > mention what's left in case anyone wants it.

    > The last of it has left the building.

    WOW! Just like Elvis!

    Hopefully, we staunch supporters of VMS who say that it is "still alive"
    won't be thrown into the same bin as the multitude of people who have
    reported Elvis sightings. :-|

+ Reply to Thread