AlphaStation AXP 150 Console - DEC

This is a discussion on AlphaStation AXP 150 Console - DEC ; (I previously posted this under a different subject line which was not very descriptive and drew no responses, so I am trying again with a better subject line this time) I have been given a Jensen (I believe aka DECpc ...

  1. AlphaStation AXP 150 Console

    (I previously posted this under a different subject line which was not very
    descriptive and drew no responses, so I am trying again with a better
    subject line this time)

    I have been given a Jensen (I believe aka DECpc AXP 150). I am told that the
    machine worked when last used, but I am unable to get even to the console.
    Here is what I have tried:

    First I connected a VRT17 monitor and a keyboard (actually a PC one rather
    than an LK411 as I did not have an LK411 at that time). Nothing appeared on
    the screen.

    Then I switched to trying to get the console to work on a terminal, I have a
    VT420 (set to 9600,N,8,1). I connected this to both of the 9-pin serial
    ports (cycling the power each time). Nothing. I also tried connecting it to
    the 25-pin printer port, still no luck. My breakout box does not show any
    activity on the 9-pin serial ports.

    There are 4 diagnostic lights on the back, they are all on and red.

    I have been unable to find any documentation on the web.

    Any suggestions what the problem might be and what to do next?

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: AlphaStation AXP 150 Console

    [SNIP]

    > I have been given a Jensen (I believe aka DECpc AXP 150). I am told that the
    > machine worked when last used, but I am unable to get even to the console.
    > Here is what I have tried:

    [SNIP]

    > There are 4 diagnostic lights on the back, they are all on and red.
    >
    > I have been unable to find any documentation on the web.
    >
    > Any suggestions what the problem might be and what to do next?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rob

    Can Elliott not shed any light? Also there are a number of *serious* DEC
    people on the classiccmp mailing list. I can cross-post there if you'd
    prefer not to subscribe (muchos crapola on the list).

    -Austin.

    P.S. On the subject of crapola, on to my next posting.....

+ Reply to Thread