Storageworks SAN Switches: possible to reset password ? - DEC

This is a discussion on Storageworks SAN Switches: possible to reset password ? - DEC ; Gentle colleagues, I have, ahem, "inherited" two SANswitches: Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 16 /158223-B21/DS-DSGGB-AB/158829-001 Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 8 /158222-B21/DS-DSGGB-AA/158828-001 They appear to require a password in order to be able to reconfigure them. Unfortunately I don't have the password, ...

  1. Storageworks SAN Switches: possible to reset password ?

    Gentle colleagues,

    I have, ahem, "inherited" two SANswitches:

    Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 16 /158223-B21/DS-DSGGB-AB/158829-001
    Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 8 /158222-B21/DS-DSGGB-AA/158828-001

    They appear to require a password in order to be able to reconfigure
    them. Unfortunately I don't have the password, and the previous
    owner is, ahem, "not reachable".

    Would anyone know if it's possible to reset them to factory settings
    by some method (magic incantation ? biting-head-off-chicken ?).

    Many thanks (and a beverage of choice) to anyone who can help.

  2. Re: Storageworks SAN Switches: possible to reset password ?

    There's a 'reset to default' option in the menu that
    you can reach from the front panel switches.

    Jur.

    R.A.Omond wrote:
    > Gentle colleagues,
    >
    > I have, ahem, "inherited" two SANswitches:
    >
    > Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 16 /158223-B21/DS-DSGGB-AB/158829-001
    > Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 8 /158222-B21/DS-DSGGB-AA/158828-001
    >
    > They appear to require a password in order to be able to reconfigure
    > them. Unfortunately I don't have the password, and the previous
    > owner is, ahem, "not reachable".
    >
    > Would anyone know if it's possible to reset them to factory settings
    > by some method (magic incantation ? biting-head-off-chicken ?).
    >
    > Many thanks (and a beverage of choice) to anyone who can help.

  3. Re: Storageworks SAN Switches: possible to reset password ?

    R.A.Omond wrote:
    > Gentle colleagues,
    >
    > I have, ahem, "inherited" two SANswitches:
    >
    > Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 16 /158223-B21/DS-DSGGB-AB/158829-001
    > Compaq StorageWorks SAN Switch 8 /158222-B21/DS-DSGGB-AA/158828-001
    >
    > They appear to require a password in order to be able to reconfigure
    > them. Unfortunately I don't have the password, and the previous
    > owner is, ahem, "not reachable".
    >
    > Would anyone know if it's possible to reset them to factory settings
    > by some method (magic incantation ? biting-head-off-chicken ?).
    >
    > Many thanks (and a beverage of choice) to anyone who can help.

    You have tried all the other usernames, haven't you?
    "root" and "user" might have still the default password.

    If none of them work, then you have to get a password recovery tool from
    Brocade. If you have a Brocade connect account, you'll find the tool
    there. There is a document in the kit how to perform the password reset.

    Good luck!

    Regards,

    Kari

+ Reply to Thread