Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations - DEC

This is a discussion on Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations - DEC ; I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip. Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should mention what's left in case anyone wants it. Microvaxes: 1 x 3100 90 4 x ...

  1. Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations

    I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip.
    Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should
    mention what's left in case anyone wants it.
    Microvaxes:
    1 x 3100 90
    4 x 3100 80
    1 x 3100 10 (might be a 20)
    Vaxstations
    5 x 4000 60
    5 x 4000 VLC
    1 x 3100 76
    1 x 3100 38 SPX
    Alphastations
    1 x Jensen
    3 x 200 4/100 (1 has NT boot ROM. It is probably busted)
    1 x 3000 (in poor state)
    Other stuff
    2 x Decserver 200 MC
    7 x VRT17-HA
    2 x VRT16-HA
    2 x VRC16-HA
    5 x VT420
    3 x VT320
    1 x VT520 (most of the VTs are green, some amber)
    1 x Storage expansion BA42A SZ12
    various monitor and SCSI cables, power cables

    All of the machines had enough memory to run VMS with Motif and DECnet.
    Some had more. But not a lot. It used to be expensive stuff remember?
    First come first served. Take as much or as little as you like. It is
    at my house in Hayfield, which is about 15 miles SE of Manchester. UK

    I need the space by 8-Sep-2007. The dregs will be dumped before then.

    Just about all of it was working when it was switched off. It has since
    been stored in a Portakabin inside my barn. Not too damp.
    I have removed all the disks from all the machines. Some of them, I
    can't remember which, had sort-of sensitive customer data. Sorry.

    --
    To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
    PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

  2. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations

    On Aug 12, 3:03 pm, Elliott Roper wrote:
    > I have a pile of old kit waiting to go to the tip.
    > Phillip Helbig, as he grabbed the best stuff, convinced me I should
    > mention what's left in case anyone wants it.
    > Microvaxes:
    > 1 x 3100 90
    > 4 x 3100 80
    > 1 x 3100 10 (might be a 20)
    > Vaxstations
    > 5 x 4000 60
    > 5 x 4000 VLC
    > 1 x 3100 76
    > 1 x 3100 38 SPX
    > Alphastations
    > 1 x Jensen
    > 3 x 200 4/100 (1 has NT boot ROM. It is probably busted)
    > 1 x 3000 (in poor state)
    > Other stuff
    > 2 x Decserver 200 MC
    > 7 x VRT17-HA
    > 2 x VRT16-HA
    > 2 x VRC16-HA
    > 5 x VT420
    > 3 x VT320
    > 1 x VT520 (most of the VTs are green, some amber)
    > 1 x Storage expansion BA42A SZ12
    > various monitor and SCSI cables, power cables
    >
    > All of the machines had enough memory to run VMS with Motif and DECnet.
    > Some had more. But not a lot. It used to be expensive stuff remember?
    > First come first served. Take as much or as little as you like. It is
    > at my house in Hayfield, which is about 15 miles SE of Manchester. UK
    >
    > I need the space by 8-Sep-2007. The dregs will be dumped before then.
    >
    > Just about all of it was working when it was switched off. It has since
    > been stored in a Portakabin inside my barn. Not too damp.
    > I have removed all the disks from all the machines. Some of them, I
    > can't remember which, had sort-of sensitive customer data. Sorry.
    >
    > --
    > To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
    > PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

    I wish you where in the states!!! I would take it all.
    phil

  3. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations

    In article <120820072203137769%nospam@yrl.co.uk>, Elliott Roper
    writes:

    See my followup over in comp.os.vms. Having been there, I can say that
    there is still more than enough to satisfy even a hungry hobbyist.
    Hopefully enough people will be able to collect the stuff before it
    goes.

  4. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations

    In article <1186993954.147658.118080@x35g2000prf.googlegroups. com>,
    "tomarsin2015@comcast.net" writes:

    > I wish you where in the states!!! I would take it all.

    Seriously, why not fly over and collect it.

    Once, when I was at a conference in Boston (before which I made a
    pilgrimage up to Nashua), I bought two InfoServers for a fellow VMS
    enthusiast in England. They were in LARGE boxes, but I just checked
    them as baggage---and wasn't even charged extra.

    The VAXstations are not that large, and not heavy.

    Perhaps you can get a cheap flight to Manchester. You can get to
    Elliott's without going through the main part of Manchester. Actually,
    it's not difficult to get to from the airport at all. If you aren't
    caught up in traffic, and know where you're going, you might could make
    it in half an hour.

    Alternatively, bring it back to your hotel and pack it up for shipping.

  5. Re: Free to good home. Microvaxes, Vaxstations, Alphastations

    On 12/8/07 22:03, in article 120820072203137769%nospam@yrl.co.uk, "Elliott
    Roper" wrote:

    > I need the space by 8-Sep-2007. The dregs will be dumped before then.

    Sorry for the weird double-posting-with-different-subject type mistake. I
    attempted to use Google's online USENET interface and it appears I don't
    have the smarts. :-(

    Hi Elliott.

    I've sent you an email. I'm based in Oldham, not too far from where
    you're located.

    Regards,
    Austin.

+ Reply to Thread