can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it - DEC

This is a discussion on can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it - DEC ; can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it i would like to get a list of the drives and other hardware components on the machine with taking it ...

  1. can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it

    can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms
    is currently installed on it

    i would like to get a list of the drives and other hardware
    components
    on the machine with taking it apart

    any assistance would greatly be appreciated because i have received 7
    of these machines

  2. Re: can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it

    In article <1186179250.417181.192360@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups. com>, sales@1800parts.net writes:

    >can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms
    >is currently installed on it
    >

    >i would like to get a list of the drives and other hardware
    >components
    >on the machine with taking it apart
    >
    >any assistance would greatly be appreciated because i have received 7
    >of these machines

    From a suitably privileged account (ie. the SYSTEM account):

    $ ANALYZE/SYSTEM
    SDA> CLUE CONFIG
    SDA> EXIT

    $ SHOW DEVICE D
    Will show you disk drives.

    Anything else? Report back here with specific questions.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms is currently installed on it

    In article <1186179250.417181.192360@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups. com>, sales@1800parts.net writes:

    >can anyone tell me how to get the hardware config for a as500 -- vms
    >is currently installed on it
    >

    >i would like to get a list of the drives and other hardware
    >components
    >on the machine with taking it apart
    >
    >any assistance would greatly be appreciated because i have received 7
    >of these machines

    Also, from the console prompt (>>>), you can issue commands which will
    show you the hardware config.

    >>> SHOW CONFIG
    >>> SHOW DEVICE

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html