Re: Search Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals - DEC

This is a discussion on Re: Search Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals - DEC ; healyzh@aracnet.com wrote: > I > ran more than one search, and the *ONLY* thing it found was the originating > webpage itself. All of his content is under http://vaxennet.com/pmanuals Three documents I tried downloading were unreadable by Acrobat. -- Posted ...

  1. Re: Search Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals

    healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    > ran more than one search, and the *ONLY* thing it found was the originating
    > webpage itself.

    All of his content is under
    http://vaxennet.com/pmanuals

    Three documents I tried downloading were unreadable by Acrobat.

  2. Re: Search Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals

    In comp.sys.dec Al Kossow wrote:
    > healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    > > ran more than one search, and the *ONLY* thing it found was the originating
    > > webpage itself.

    > All of his content is under
    > http://vaxennet.com/pmanuals

    > Three documents I tried downloading were unreadable by Acrobat.

    So ~76 files make up the "Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals"?!?!

    What version of Acrobat reader are you using? I just opened the one I
    downloaded with Acrobat 7.0 on Linux. (VT220 Pocket Guide)

    Zane

  3. Re: Search Largest Database of DEC VAX PDP Manuals

    healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    > I just opened the one I
    > downloaded with Acrobat 7.0 on Linux.

    Luck of the draw. EK-VT220-HR-002.pdf works,
    AA-FA82D-TE.pdf, for example, does not.

    I'm using Acrobat 8.0
    on OS X. It could be that there are lots of
    truncated files (I've been trying the files <1mb)

    Just found one that worked: AA-K085D-TE.pdf