VAX logo ? - DEC

This is a discussion on VAX logo ? - DEC ; weird question: anybody knows where to locate "Vax" or "VaxStation" logos, in gif, jpg or whatever web-compatible format ? I.e. such as the "digital", "alpha generation", or "Digital Unix" logos ? Neither Google nor Filewatcher was helpful here so far. ...

  1. VAX logo ?

    weird question:

    anybody knows where to locate "Vax" or "VaxStation" logos,
    in gif, jpg or whatever web-compatible format ?
    I.e. such as the "digital", "alpha generation", or "Digital Unix"
    logos ?
    Neither Google nor Filewatcher was helpful here so far.

    TIA

  2. Re: VAX logo ?

    Michael Kraemer writes:

    > weird question:
    >
    > anybody knows where to locate "Vax" or "VaxStation" logos,
    > in gif, jpg or whatever web-compatible format ?

    Didn't find any. Maybe because they're trademarked?

    > I.e. such as the "digital", "alpha generation", or "Digital Unix"
    > logos ?

    http://www.pottsoft.com/home/gifs/digital_logo.gif
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...nt_Corporation and from there
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l_dec_logo.png
    (346 100 pixel, file size: 6 KB, MIME type: image/png)

    "Digital Equipment Corporation logo. This has been created from
    scratch by Rpb01r based on the 'late' period (Alpha onwards) DEC logo
    to avoid any artefacts and provide a marginally higher resolution. I
    surmise that the licensing for this is 'Logo'."

    > Neither Google nor Filewatcher was helpful here so far.

    Google helped me a little.

    Kjell
    --
    http://www.usit.uio.no/it/unix/du/du.gif