UP2000 Memory Requirements... - DEC

This is a discussion on UP2000 Memory Requirements... - DEC ; I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq pc100-222-622r for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could find on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work without a ...

  1. UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq pc100-222-622r
    for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could find
    on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  2. Re: UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    That will work fine

    SHould be 4 x 256MB PC100 Registered DIMMS

    " DiskMan" wrote in message
    >I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq pc100-222-622r
    > for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    > find
    > on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    > without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  3. Re: UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    Yep, its four sticks of 512mb... And thanx for the feed bad, I've read a LOT
    of posts with the 'Island Computer' signature ;-) WillLG

    "David Turner, Island Computers" wrote in
    message news:137l1i2p3887m24@news.supernews.com...
    > That will work fine
    >
    > SHould be 4 x 256MB PC100 Registered DIMMS
    >

    > " DiskMan" wrote in message
    >>I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq
    >>pc100-222-622r
    >> for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    >> find
    >> on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    >> without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  4. Re: UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    > That will work fine
    >
    > SHould be 4 x 256MB PC100 Registered DIMMS

    On that note, will the UP2000+ board recognize 1GB PC100 registered DIMMs? I
    suspect it may predate the availability of such dense modules.

    >> I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq pc100-222-622r
    >> for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    >> find
    >> on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    >> without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  5. Re: UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    DiskMan wrote:
    > Yep, its four sticks of 512mb... And thanx for the feed bad, I've read a LOT
    > of posts with the 'Island Computer' signature ;-) WillLG

    Will,

    My UP2000+ documentation mentions 256M as the maximum size, FWIW.

    A lot of the modules I'm seeing on eBay are registered _ECC_. Are these
    compatible?

    > "David Turner, Island Computers" wrote in
    > message news:137l1i2p3887m24@news.supernews.com...
    >> That will work fine
    >>
    >> SHould be 4 x 256MB PC100 Registered DIMMS
    >>

    >> " DiskMan" wrote in message
    >>> I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq
    >>> pc100-222-622r
    >>> for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    >>> find
    >>> on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    >>> without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  6. Re: UP2000 Memory Requirements...

    I think you are right, if memory serves correct, the UP2000 can handle a
    'maxiumum' of 2gb. I also remember something about the AlphaPC 164SX's limit
    as being 1gb but read of systems handling 512mb stick...don't remember what
    the max mem they had in the box but I do remember something to that effect.

    I think you have a point when you talk about those limits being relative to
    what was readily available, and commonly used, at the time. WillieG

    "Steven Hirsch" wrote in message
    > David Turner, Island Computers wrote:
    >> That will work fine
    >>
    >> SHould be 4 x 256MB PC100 Registered DIMMS

    > On that note, will the UP2000+ board recognize 1GB PC100 registered DIMMs?
    > I suspect it may predate the availability of such dense modules.
    >

    >>> I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq
    >>> pc100-222-622r
    >>> for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    >>> find
    >>> on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    >>> without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

+ Reply to Thread