    on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

  2. Re: UP2000 Ram Requirements...

    On 2007-06-20, DiskMan wrote:
    > I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq pc100-222-622r
    > for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could find
    > on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    > without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

    Just to make sure, you are probably aware that you'll need
    four sticks all the same type to make a complete bank.

    If you don't find a conclusive answer, you might check with
    the fine folks at Canadian office of HardData. If they
    still do anything with Alphas, they are very helpful and
    know their Alpha stuff. (I don't have any connection with
    them except as a _VERY_ satisfied (former) customer--I miss
    my Alpha.)

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: UP2000 Ram Requirements...

    They're four 512mb sticks... I went ahead and purchased them aftering find a
    few folks who used the very same memory, except by Kingston, on they're
    XP1000s. I snagged all four sticks for $49 ;-) WillieLG

    PS oh hows it going Mr. Riches.... remember me?

    "Robert M. Riches Jr." wrote in message
    > On 2007-06-20, DiskMan wrote:
    >> I was wondering, I have the chance to purchase 1gb of Compaq
    >> pc100-222-622r
    >> for my UP2000. I was wondering, would this work? From all that I could
    >> find
    >> on the internet concerning UP2000 memory requirements, it should work
    >> without a hitch but I just want to make sure... WillieG

    > Just to make sure, you are probably aware that you'll need
    > four sticks all the same type to make a complete bank.
    >
    > If you don't find a conclusive answer, you might check with
    > the fine folks at Canadian office of HardData. If they
    > still do anything with Alphas, they are very helpful and
    > know their Alpha stuff. (I don't have any connection with
    > them except as a _VERY_ satisfied (former) customer--I miss
    > my Alpha.)
    >
    > --
    > Robert Riches
    > spamtrap42@verizon.net
    > (Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

  4. Re: UP2000 Ram Requirements...

    DiskMan wrote:
    > They're four 512mb sticks... I went ahead and purchased them aftering find a
    > few folks who used the very same memory, except by Kingston, on they're
    > XP1000s. I snagged all four sticks for $49 ;-) WillieLG

    Can you drop a quick post when you've verified that they are properly
    recognized at full capacity (and stable)? Thanks!

  5. Re: UP2000 Ram Requirements...

    Steven Hirsch wrote:
    > DiskMan wrote:
    >> They're four 512mb sticks... I went ahead and purchased them aftering
    >> find a few folks who used the very same memory, except by Kingston, on
    >> they're XP1000s. I snagged all four sticks for $49 ;-) WillieLG

    > Can you drop a quick post when you've verified that they are properly
    > recognized at full capacity (and stable)? Thanks!

    Alright, will do... WillLG

+ Reply to Thread