For immediate release:

MARCH, VintageTech, and the InfoAge Science Center announce the
Vintage Computer Festival East 4.0

What: A celebration of computers, technology, and culture from the
1940s - 1980s. Open to the public
When: June 9-10. Lectures from 10am-2pm, exhibits from 2pm-6pm both
days
Where: InfoAge Science Center, 2201 Marconi Rd., Wall Township, N.J.,
07719
Cost: $10 for one day, $15 for two days, free for 12 and younger, free
parking
Contact: Evan Koblentz, evank@midatlanticretro.org, 646-546-9999
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------

Do 8 bits excite you more than 64? Prefer blinkenlights over SVGA?
Yearn for the days of input via toggle switches and paper tape? Or
just want to play some Pac-Man? Then check out the Vintage Computer
Festival East 4.0, June 9-10, at the InfoAge Science Center in Wall,
New Jersey. This year's event is again hosted by MARCH -- the Mid-
Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists.

The Vintage Computer Festival began in 1997 in Silicon Valley,
migrated eastward in 2001, and became a MARCH event in 2006. So what
is a VCF? Imagine an antique car show where every owner let you test-
drive his car, and where Henry Ford gave a lecture and signed
autographs! It sounds unreal, but that's what happens with vintage
computer technology at every edition of the VCF.

This year's edition of the VCF East will feature 20 exhibits of
computer technology from the 1940s to 1980s. Visitors will have the
opportunity to use an IBM punch-card machine, witness a legendary
Digital Equipment Corp. PDP-8 minicomputer in action, and experience
all the top brands of 1970s microcomputers from companies like Apple,
Commodore, and many others. Older S-100 kit computers, single-board
computers, portables, and even analog and prehistoric computer
technology will be demonstrated. On the extremes, we have one
exhibitor preparing to show an authentic NASA Apollo flight computer,
and another who'll display the most classic videogame console ever --
Atari -- play it 'til you drop! Read the full exhibitor list at
http://www.vintage.org/2007/east/exhibit.php.

If that's not enough, then listen to some of our guest speakers. The
highlight this year will be a 30th anniversary panel in honor of
Commodore, which was headquartered nearby in West Chester,
Pennsylvania. The panel's star is Chuck Peddle, inventor of the
famous MOS Technology 6502 chip, used in a wide variety of classic
single-board computers and in microcomputers such as the Commodore PET
and the Apple II. Peddle will join us via live videoconference, in
which he promises to share previously untold stories, after which
he'll answer audience questions. Commodore engineers appearing live
at our show will include Bil Herd, Bob Russell, and Dave Haynie.
We'll even have a birthday cake featuring the famous Commodore
"Chickenhead" logo. Other speakers this year include Herb "Dr. S-100"
Johnson, who'll explain the history of the CP/M operating system; Bill
Degnan and Sellam Ismail; who together will give a crash-course in
vintage computer discovery and restoration; and others to be
announced. In addition, Ismail will give a second talk, but the topic
is secret! You'll have to be there to find out what he plans.

Yet another highlight of the VCF East 4.0 will be our new VCF Theatre,
organized by acclaimed technology filmmaker Jason Scott. His films
include "BBS: The Documentary" and the upcoming "Get Lamp" about text-
adventure games. At the VCF Theatre, he'll be screening vintage
computer-themed movies all weekend long in the afternoons.

New this year is the donate-to-sell booth. Here, everyone is welcome
to donate vintage computing items, with all proceeds to help MARCH
build its computer museum. Our museum directly benefits future
generations, so do your part and give something to this wonderful non-
profit cause! (We request that any unsold items be re-claimed before
you leave the VCF.)

Did we mention the prizes? We'll have t-shirts, vintage computer
replica kits, books, and maybe a surprise or two. All you have to do
to win is show up, and be there when we announce winners each day.

Finally, should your historic technology interest extend beyond just
computers, then you've come to the right place. Our venue at the
InfoAge Science Center is historic in itself. The facility began life
in 1912 as an R&D center for Britain's Marconi Wireless Telegraph Co.,
and then spent several decades as Camp Evans, a top-secret laboratory
of the U.S. military. RADAR that first spotted airplanes over Pearl
Harbor and mankind's first radio signal to the moon were invented
here, along with numerous other achievements. Today, the center is on
the National Register of Historic Places and is a Black History Site.
It's also home to the National Broadcasters Hall of Fame and an
assortment of non-profit clubs all related to the history of
technology, with a local focus.

Driving directions, lodging information, exhibit details and more are
posted at www.vintage.org/2007/east/.

For more information about MARCH, visit www.midatlanticretro.org
For more information about the InfoAge Science Center, visit www.infoage.org
For more information about VintageTech, visit www.vintagetech.com
General questions? Want to exhibit or have a vendor booth at the VCF
East? Member of the media? Contact VCF East producer and MARCH
president Evan Koblentz, evank@midatlanticretro.org, 646-546-9999.