Still want: LK461 keyboard - DEC

This is a discussion on Still want: LK461 keyboard - DEC ; I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need! I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D Rambo...

  1. Still want: LK461 keyboard

    I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D

    Rambo

  2. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    Rambo wrote:
    > I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    > I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D

    At teh montreal decus meeting this past february, the suggestion was to
    call the "field service" folks who maintain DEC legacy equipment and
    they should be able to get you the part number and how to order it from
    HP. HP sales don't know about those keyboards.

    The other alternative is to use Mr Google for the part number (there are
    a number of resellers who have some old keyboards in their wharehouse)
    or use EBAY.

  3. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    "JF Mezei" wrote in message
    > Rambo wrote:
    >> I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    >> I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D

    > At teh montreal decus meeting this past february, the suggestion was to
    > call the "field service" folks who maintain DEC legacy equipment and they
    > should be able to get you the part number and how to order it from HP. HP
    > sales don't know about those keyboards.
    >
    > The other alternative is to use Mr Google for the part number (there are a
    > number of resellers who have some old keyboards in their wharehouse) or
    > use EBAY.

    Buy an LK463. It is also the AB552A (which comes with a thumbwheel mouse).
    Both USB - but they both take a simple USB-PS2 converter.

  4. [OT] Steampunk keyboard. was: Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    Rambo wrote in news:1179529293.500797.120430
    @q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

    > I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    > I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D
    >
    > Rambo

    Can't help you with the keyboard, but if Santa is listening...

    http://steampunkworkshop.com/keyboard.shtml

    The guy doesn't list a contact address. Yes, I'd love a Digital
    keyboard redone in this style.

    Doc.

  5. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    I have some for $89

    DT
    "Rambo" wrote in message
    news:1179529293.500797.120430@q75g2000hsh.googlegr oups.com...
    >I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    > I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D
    >
    > Rambo

  6. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    In article <1179529293.500797.120430@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups. com>,
    Rambo wrote:

    > I can't believe that no one has a spare one. And I'm in very need!
    > I haven't expand my AS600 to full 1 GB for nothing you know! :-D

    I have several of them in Chicago and might be willing to part with one
    or more. Write me off-list.

  7. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:03:43 -0400
    "David Turner, Island Computers US Corp"
    wrote:

    > I have some for $89

    Thanks, but I guess I haven't expected THAT much.
    What about PowerStorms (3D or 4D)? anything below 50 bucks?

  8. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    On 22 May, 12:32, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:03:43 -0400
    > "David Turner, Island Computers US Corp"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have some for $89

    > Thanks, but I guess I haven't expected THAT much.
    > What about PowerStorms (3D or 4D)? anything below 50 bucks?

    The AB552A has a UK list price of 65. I'm sure that a broker could
    provide an LK46x for a more reasonable price. The last one I got from
    a broker in the UK was about 20.

  9. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    wrote in message
    news:1179915332.339704.59950@u30g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
    On 22 May, 12:32, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:

    The AB552A has a UK list price of 65. I'm sure that a broker could
    provide an LK46x for a more reasonable price. The last one I got from
    a broker in the UK was about 20.

    Isn't that ~$130 US?

  10. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    In article ,
    "FredK" writes:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1179915332.339704.59950@u30g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
    > On 22 May, 12:32, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
    >
    > The AB552A has a UK list price of 65. I'm sure that a broker could
    > provide an LK46x for a more reasonable price. The last one I got from
    > a broker in the UK was about 20.
    >

    > Isn't that ~$130 US?

    That would be pretty close!!!

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  11. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    In article <5bipl7F2spdsoU1@mid.individual.net>,
    bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "FredK" writes:
    > >
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:1179915332.339704.59950@u30g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
    > > On 22 May, 12:32, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
    > >
    > > The AB552A has a UK list price of 65. I'm sure that a broker could
    > > provide an LK46x for a more reasonable price. The last one I got from
    > > a broker in the UK was about 20.
    > >

    > > Isn't that ~$130 US?

    > That would be pretty close!!!

    That begs the question: What is the list price in the US? Even with
    shipping, that route could be cheaper.

    --
    Paul Sture

  12. Re: Still want: LK461 keyboard

    On 2007-05-22, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:03:43 -0400
    > "David Turner, Island Computers US Corp"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have some for $89

    > Thanks, but I guess I haven't expected THAT much.
    > What about PowerStorms (3D or 4D)? anything below 50 bucks?

    I had one I was hoping to trade for a PCI Radeon, but I ended up buying
    a Radeon because no one wanted the PowerStorm. Let me check if I still
    have it. Poke me over email if you think I forgot about it.

    Ivan

+ Reply to Thread