Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information - DEC

This is a discussion on Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information - DEC ; Hi, I am looking for some information regarding the QC-640 video card from the DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG meeting. I have found descriptions of the meeting online at: http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...hor1/decus.doc Specifically, I am looking for the programs mentioned in ...

  1. Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information

    Hi,
    I am looking for some information regarding the QC-640 video card from
    the DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG meeting. I have found descriptions of
    the meeting online at:

    http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html

    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...hor1/decus.doc

    Specifically, I am looking for the programs mentioned in this article
    contained in the meeting minutes called MATEST and MX. The relevant
    paragraphs from the links above are quoted at the end of this message.

    If you have access to these programs or know where I can obtain them
    please post a response to this message or contact me offline. Thank
    you in advance!

    Andrew Lynch

    >From http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html

    "Matrox QC-640 Display Controller

    At the Spring Symposium, Dave Evans presented a nice review of
    graphics software and products for RT-11. He mentioned that an
    anonymous
    person had submitted software designed for a Matrox display
    controller.
    Matrox is a Canadian company who produce a line of graphic controller
    boards for the Q-bus and Unibus. I have their most recent product,
    the
    QC-640, a board which accepts ASCII text, and can produce lines,
    filled
    areas, symbols, text, and so on in a variety of colors (256 out of a
    24-bit
    palette), as well as perform such transformations as scaling, rotation
    (in
    3-D, yet), clipping, and so on of the image. I had written a handler
    for
    this device, called MX, and offered to provide it to the SIG, along
    with a
    utility program, MATEST, which exercises some of the features of the
    board.'

    and from http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...hor1/decus.doc

[...]

    The handler is fairly straight-forward. The device is basically
    character-oriented device (like a terminal), although it does have a
    FIFO
    and assorted flags to allow it to buffer data from the CPU. I did
    implement one .SPFUN, to allow the user to perform a "cold-reset", if
    necessary. As long as you are only using the device for output,
    everything
    is easy. However, the board also allows you to interrogate it, either
    return status or flag information, or to allow you to read out the
    stored
    image. Since the size of the returned data could not be readily
    known,
    providing sensible .READ logic was tricky. I adopted the policy of
    satisfying every read, by filling the block with nulls if the Matrox
    board
    did not provide the characters fast enough, leaving it to the user to
    decide if more data were required (note the somewhat convoluted logic
    in
    MATEST)."

  2. Re: Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information

    On 3 May, 04:01, lync...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am looking for some information regarding the QC-640 video card from
    > the DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG meeting. I have found descriptions of
    > the meeting online at:
    >
    > http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html
    >
    > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...story/pdp-11/r...
    >
    > Specifically, I am looking for the programs mentioned in this article
    > contained in the meeting minutes called MATEST and MX. The relevant
    > paragraphs from the links above are quoted at the end of this message.

    A quick Google on "matest matrox" finds them at:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...11s113/schor2/

    Chris

  3. Re: Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information

    On May 3, 8:49 am, chris_do...@postmaster.co.uk wrote:
    > On 3 May, 04:01, lync...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I am looking for some information regarding the QC-640 video card from
    > > the DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG meeting. I have found descriptions of
    > > the meeting online at:

    > >http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html

    > >http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...story/pdp-11/r...

    > > Specifically, I am looking for the programs mentioned in this article
    > > contained in the meeting minutes called MATEST and MX. The relevant
    > > paragraphs from the links above are quoted at the end of this message.

    > A quick Google on "matest matrox" finds them at:http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...story/pdp-11/r...
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks Chris!

    I must have been using the wrong search terms or something because
    when I searched on Google I swear it was not coming up.

    Sorry for the bother. Thanks again!

    Andrew Lynch

  4. Re: Looking for DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG information

    In article <1178196591.172391.32060@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.c om>,
    chris_doran@postmaster.co.uk writes:
    > On 3 May, 04:01, lync...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am looking for some information regarding the QC-640 video card from
    >> the DECUS (Fall 1990) RT-11 SIG meeting. I have found descriptions of
    >> the meeting online at:
    >>
    >> http://www.trailing-edge.com/~shoppa/decus/11S113.html
    >>
    >> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...story/pdp-11/r...
    >>
    >> Specifically, I am looking for the programs mentioned in this article
    >> contained in the meeting minutes called MATEST and MX. The relevant
    >> paragraphs from the links above are quoted at the end of this message.

    > A quick Google on "matest matrox" finds them at:
    > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/...11s113/schor2/

    Well, as long as we are bringing up old DECUS stuff again, here's my
    old favorite......

    11S042 - Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG, Spring 1980,
    Chicago Version: Spring 1980

    Does anyone have a copy of this tape that I can acquire? Yes, I have
    searched the web and all I ver find is the abstract, never any of the
    content.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include