MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK - DEC

This is a discussion on MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK - DEC ; Hi there, I'm kind of new to vaxen so not sure what information to post. But basically I have a Microvax 3100/10 to offer, free for collection. First come, first served. Sorry but I am definitely not willing to post/ship. ...

  1. MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK

    Hi there,

    I'm kind of new to vaxen so not sure what information to post. But
    basically I have a Microvax 3100/10 to offer, free for collection. First
    come, first served. Sorry but I am definitely not willing to post/ship.

    What you get:
    Microvax 3100/10 - 12MB of memory
    RX23 Floppy drive
    RZ25-E 425Meg drive

    The nicad battery pack was starting to go, so it has been removed to
    prevent further damage.

    And that's about it, no cables etc. The drive has been zeroed but I have
    had installed and running OpenVMS 7.3. I'm not even sure if anyone will
    want this, but hopefully someone will save it.

    Replies or requests for more information/photos by email.

    Thanks, Ian.

  2. Re: MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK

    In article ,
    Ian Barnes writes:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm kind of new to vaxen so not sure what information to post. But
    > basically I have a Microvax 3100/10 to offer, free for collection. First
    > come, first served. Sorry but I am definitely not willing to post/ship.
    >
    > What you get:
    > Microvax 3100/10 - 12MB of memory
    > RX23 Floppy drive
    > RZ25-E 425Meg drive
    >
    > The nicad battery pack was starting to go, so it has been removed to
    > prevent further damage.
    >
    > And that's about it, no cables etc. The drive has been zeroed but I have
    > had installed and running OpenVMS 7.3. I'm not even sure if anyone will
    > want this, but hopefully someone will save it.
    >
    > Replies or requests for more information/photos by email.
    >
    > Thanks, Ian.

    Probably would have helped to say where it is located.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  3. Re: MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK

    bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:

    > Ian Barnes writes:
    >> basically I have a Microvax 3100/10 to offer, free for collection. First
    >> come, first served. Sorry but I am definitely not willing to post/ship.

    > Probably would have helped to say where it is located.

    That would have been in the Subject: line

    MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK

    no?

    (Granted, some sub-standard newsreaders apparently don't display the
    headers when showing the article body, but the info was there.)

    mlp

  4. Re: MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK

    In article ,
    Mark L Pappin writes:
    > bill@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
    >
    >> Ian Barnes writes:
    >>> basically I have a Microvax 3100/10 to offer, free for collection. First
    >>> come, first served. Sorry but I am definitely not willing to post/ship.

    >> Probably would have helped to say where it is located.

    > That would have been in the Subject: line
    >
    > MV3100/10 free to a good home in UK
    >
    > no?
    >
    > (Granted, some sub-standard newsreaders apparently don't display the
    > headers when showing the article body, but the info was there.)

    Oops. Sorry. I don't think I even read the subject. :-)

    Senior moment.....

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include