Need info on TE16 - DEC

This is a discussion on Need info on TE16 - DEC ; I am currently working to interface a TE16 to a PDP 11/44. It was partially disassembled and I believe I have most everything in place. I need the users/maint manual for this as it is not on bitsavers. Does anyone ...

  1. Need info on TE16

    I am currently working to interface a TE16 to a PDP 11/44. It was
    partially disassembled and I believe I have most everything in place.
    I need the users/maint manual for this as it is not on bitsavers. Does
    anyone know the three module numbers (Mxxxx) and the placement
    locations for those modules on the TE16 backplane for the a,b, and c
    cables coming from the TM03.

    Thanks,
    Brian.

  2. Re: Need info on TE16

    geezer wrote:
    > I am currently working to interface a TE16 to a PDP 11/44.

    The TE16 is a MASSBUS tape drive. You will need a formatter,
    which is often in the drive cabinet, a MASSBUS cable and an
    RH11 MASSBUS interface, which is in its own prewired system
    unit. The card arrangement for the RH11 should be in the print
    set which should be on bitsavers.