OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set - DEC

This is a discussion on OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set - DEC ; Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site... Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set: BBW Branch Both Ways BEW Branch Either Way BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full BH Branch and Hang BMR Branch Multiple ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site...

    Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:

    BBW Branch Both Ways
    BEW Branch Either Way
    BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full
    BH Branch and Hang
    BMR Branch Multiple Registers
    BOB Branch On Bug
    BPO Branch on Power Off
    BST Backspace and Stretch Tape
    CDS Condense and Destroy System
    CLBR Clobber Register
    CLBRI Clobber Register Immediately
    CM Circulate Memory
    CMFRM Come From -- essential for truly structured programming
    CPPR Crumple Printer Paper and Rip
    CRN Convert to Roman Numerals

  2. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    JF Mezei wrote:
    > Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site...
    >
    > Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:
    >
    > BBW Branch Both Ways
    > BEW Branch Either Way
    > BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full
    > BH Branch and Hang
    > BMR Branch Multiple Registers
    > BOB Branch On Bug
    > BPO Branch on Power Off
    > BST Backspace and Stretch Tape
    > CDS Condense and Destroy System
    > CLBR Clobber Register
    > CLBRI Clobber Register Immediately
    > CM Circulate Memory
    > CMFRM Come From -- essential for truly structured programming
    > CPPR Crumple Printer Paper and Rip
    > CRN Convert to Roman Numerals

    EPI Execute Programmer Immediate
    BADC Branch and Dump Core
    LACC Load and Clear Core
    RWP Rewind Printer

  3. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:54:32 -0500, Richard B. gilbert
    wrote in <45ED9CC8.3030203@comcast.net>:
    > JF Mezei wrote:
    >> Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site...

    >> Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:
    >>
    >> BBW Branch Both Ways
    >> BEW Branch Either Way
    >> BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full
    >> BH Branch and Hang
    >> BMR Branch Multiple Registers
    >> BOB Branch On Bug
    >> BPO Branch on Power Off
    >> BST Backspace and Stretch Tape
    >> CDS Condense and Destroy System
    >> CLBR Clobber Register
    >> CLBRI Clobber Register Immediately
    >> CM Circulate Memory
    >> CMFRM Come From -- essential for truly structured programming
    >> CPPR Crumple Printer Paper and Rip
    >> CRN Convert to Roman Numerals

    > EPI Execute Programmer Immediate
    > BADC Branch and Dump Core
    > LACC Load and Clear Core
    > RWP Rewind Printer

    HCF Halt and Catch Fire

    --
    Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
    Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN

  4. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:44:32 +0000 (UTC)
    "Dr Ivan D. Reid" wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:54:32 -0500, Richard B. gilbert
    > wrote in <45ED9CC8.3030203@comcast.net>:
    > > JF Mezei wrote:
    > >> Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site...

    > >> Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:
    > >>
    > >> BBW Branch Both Ways
    > >> BEW Branch Either Way
    > >> BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full
    > >> BH Branch and Hang
    > >> BMR Branch Multiple Registers
    > >> BOB Branch On Bug
    > >> BPO Branch on Power Off
    > >> BST Backspace and Stretch Tape
    > >> CDS Condense and Destroy System
    > >> CLBR Clobber Register
    > >> CLBRI Clobber Register Immediately
    > >> CM Circulate Memory
    > >> CMFRM Come From -- essential for truly structured programming
    > >> CPPR Crumple Printer Paper and Rip
    > >> CRN Convert to Roman Numerals

    > > EPI Execute Programmer Immediate
    > > BADC Branch and Dump Core
    > > LACC Load and Clear Core
    > > RWP Rewind Printer

    > HCF Halt and Catch Fire

    SCP Stumble and Crush Programmer
    FBE Fry Breaker and Explode
    BHC Burn Hole in CRT
    EPT Eat Paper Tape
    LPC Laminate Punch Card
    BRL Branch to Random Location
    CPZNZ Convert Positive Zero to Negative Zero

    (To be honest, these were invented for that paragon of hardware design,
    the Control Data Cyber 17, aka "the 6502 without a stack", with an
    assembler manual that explained in gory detail the bit layout of the
    instructions but forgot to show you how to write them).

    --
    Stefaan A Eeckels
    --

  5. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    OK, didn't realise this would catch on.

    The following came from McGill University. Part of the credit goes to Charles
    Snow. It is IBM centric.

    1 April 1982. IBM Assembler/G update

    The following directives have just been released in the new version of IBM
    360/370 Assembler language and are supported in the new extended version
    of Assembler/G.

    I/O DEVICE COMMANDS

    BST Backspace and Stretch Tape Is user callable to increase length of
    tape; also automatically called
    recursively when physical end-of-tape is
    encountered

    CBD Crash and Burn Disc Causes heads to immediately crash onto
    all surfaces of the specified device.

    RFSC Read, Feed and Shred Card Used when high-security,read-only-once
    decks are being loaded, NOTE: an as yet
    unresolved bug causes this directive to
    be executed randomly on certain real and
    virtual card readers.

    SNT Seek Non-existant Track Causes access arm on moving head drives
    to be pushed off their drive tracks,
    usually resulting in the arm being
    physically dropped onto the disk. Most
    often, this results in fatal read/write
    errors from the physical device.

    SSD Seek and Scar Disk Will seek to the specified cylinder, and
    cause the head to contact surface of all
    platters within than cylinder. All data
    in that cyclinder is irrecoverably lost,
    and in most cases, the drive head are
    destroyed.

    TTD Tape To Degausser Cause tape to be thrown off tape drive in
    direction of degausser [direction
    specified at sysgen time] for immediate
    erasure. Note: (1) DO NOT use TTD with
    BST. (2) Since the tapes are thrown off
    the drive with some violence, injuries to
    machine room personnel often result.
    Please use this instruction with
    discretion.

    ZAT Zero All Tracks Writes nulls to all possible positions on
    the specified disk device [including
    areas used to contain formating
    information].

    ZVL Zero Volume Replace all current information about a
    volume now found in the system catalog
    with nulls. Useful when the user wishes
    to hide volumes from the operating
    system.

    PRIVILEGED OPERATIONS

    AOS Auto Operator Stimulate Similar to the EOI instruction, but is
    less severe. Used to attract operators'
    attention (often as a prelude to
    performing EOI, ie. to ensure an oprator
    is near the operator console when the EOI
    is performed).

    DGA Downgrade Amdahl Causes Amdhal 470/V7 CPUs to be
    downgraded to V7A without costly
    additional hardware.

    EBB Empty Bit Bicket Lose the contents of all the main memory.

    EOI Execute Operator Immediately Causes Operator concole to
    deliver severe electric shock (110VAC,
    50Amps) to the next i individuals
    contacting the console, where i is
    arbritary.

    HCF Halt and Catch Fire Halts CPU and causes immediate combustion
    of CPU assembly. Note that use of HCF
    instruction calls CPD for each disk
    device currently mounted. HCF also
    suppresses the operator message "IBM013I
    SYSTEM ON FIRE".

    POC Power off CPU Causes CPU to be powered off without
    prior notification. NOTE: Use of this
    instruction causes calling process to
    abend and return no diagnostics.

    RVC Reverse CPU Cause UPC to assume control. Usually
    improves system performance.

    O/S COMMANDS

    DAT Drop All Terminals Causes all I/O devices (terminals, disk
    controllers and spool driven devices) to
    be physically and permanently
    disconnected from the CPU.

    IDL Incur Deadlock Forces process deadlock to effectively
    halt all system operation

    IOC Ignore Operator Console Causes all interrupts from the operator
    console to be ignored.

    IUOS Implement User OS Causes immediate and uninterruptible IPL
    of user defined operating system.

    LSC Lose System Catalog Replace all data entries in the system
    catalog with nulls. Useful when the users
    wishes to hide the operating system from
    the operating system. NOTE: use of this
    instruction will cause user process to
    abend.

    RSM Remove Supervisor Mode Disable supervisor protection on all
    instructions. Allows users to perform any
    formerly privileged instruction (useful
    for performing virtual machine
    debugging).

    RVMR Run VM Recursively Initiate an arbritary number of recursive
    calls to VM. Current hardware limitations
    restrict maximum level of recursion to
    20.

    SOS Swap-out Op Sys Causes current virtual machine operating
    system to be swapped out. USE WITH CARE

    WDT Wait for Down Time Causes all running processes to wait or
    CPU downtime before resuming execution.

    STRUCTURED PROGRAMMING ENHANCEMENTS

    BRH Branch to Here Causes a branch to itself. Facilitates
    the writing of efficient infinite loops.

    MRM Branch Maybe Decision to perform a branch is
    arbritary.

    BOR Branch on Random Used to introduce randomness into
    privileged instructions. (Note that the
    WATFIV-W code "DO SOMETIMES" is
    translated to the new BOR directive when
    the optimize compile option is selected.

  6. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    JF Mezei wrote in

    > OK, didn't realise this would catch on.
    >
    > The following came from McGill University. Part of the credit goes to
    > Charles Snow. It is IBM centric.
    >

    > 1 April 1982. IBM Assembler/G update

    Oh... this goes back way further than 1982. I first saw them in the late
    60's. I suspect some of them pre-date the IBM 360 even.

    > The following directives have just been released in the new version of
    > IBM 360/370 Assembler language and are supported in the new extended
    > version of Assembler/G.

  7. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    Hmm...

    I am missing the following in this thread, but it is certainly not my
    invention!

    RPM Read Programmers Mind

    Bart Zorn

    On Mar 6, 5:54 pm, "Richard B. gilbert"
    wrote:
    > JF Mezei wrote:
    > > Saw this as a "quote of the day" on a web site...

    > > Proposed Additions to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:

    > > BBW Branch Both Ways
    > > BEW Branch Either Way
    > > BBBF Branch on Bit Bucket Full
    > > BH Branch and Hang
    > > BMR Branch Multiple Registers
    > > BOB Branch On Bug
    > > BPO Branch on Power Off
    > > BST Backspace and Stretch Tape
    > > CDS Condense and Destroy System
    > > CLBR Clobber Register
    > > CLBRI Clobber Register Immediately
    > > CM Circulate Memory
    > > CMFRM Come From -- essential for truly structured programming
    > > CPPR Crumple Printer Paper and Rip
    > > CRN Convert to Roman Numerals

    > EPI Execute Programmer Immediate
    > BADC Branch and Dump Core
    > LACC Load and Clear Core
    > RWP Rewind Printer

  8. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    Someone mentioned the "Rewind Printer" instruction.

    In real life, there was one that was very close.

    The IBM 1620 (a machine many of us started on) usually had a
    card reader and card punch. It also had two halt buttons on the
    front console. The "Halt at End of Instruction" would usually
    halt the machine as indicated. However, in some cases, you could
    have an instruction that would never complete, such as a branch
    to self. In that case, the "Halt in the Middle of an
    Instruction" button was guaranteed by IBM to always halt the
    machine immediately, even if it was in the middle of reading an
    instruction (which was 12 characters long).

    Someone discovered that you could issue a "read on the card
    punch" instruction. This would cause a card to go through the
    punch without being punched, but also without being read. Since
    no data was returned, the punch was instructed to read another
    card. This would continue as the punch ran through it's stack of
    cards as fast as possible, at which point it would ask for more
    cards. The Halt Immediately button would not stop it, you had to
    power down the machine (which usually took 20 minutes or more to
    restore).

    Every time IBM sent a new support person out to the
    University, someone would ask him if there was any instruction
    that could not be halted by pressing the button. Being carefully
    trained by IBM, he would of course always say that there was no
    such instruction. He soon learned othewise.

    --
    B. Z. Lederman. My personal opinions.

  9. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, JF Mezei wrote:

    > It is IBM centric.

    I'm sure one of those lists had an "Eject Selectric Ball" instruction.

    --

    Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
    G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)

  10. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Mar 7, 8:10 am, leder...@encompasserve.org (B. Z. Lederman) wrote:
    > Someone mentioned the "Rewind Printer" instruction.

    There were two things about some of the old band printers depending
    upon the carriage control tape loaded into them. You could actually
    backspace the printer 1 line, I think by including a "-" in the first
    column (carriage control) field rather than the typical space. Every
    now and again, someone would do that.

    Other fun things is the long loop of "1"'s, causing page ejects. One
    some of the really fast printers, you could almost shoot a fountain of
    greenbar up the ceiling.

    The last one I remember was repeatitively writing underscores across
    the page, which would eventually cut it in two, then do a bunch of
    page ejects. Since the paper wouldn't track right, it would all bunch
    up into a nice jam inside the printer.

    The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of the
    "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc). The Ops
    would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy for them.

    Those were the days... Some things just don't translate to a laser
    printer...

  11. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    davidc@montagar.com wrote:
    > The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of the
    > "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc). The Ops
    > would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy for them.

    There was one of the enterprise as well.

    And those things really slowed the printers down. I think it was something to do
    with the band printers being designed to print letters much faster than rarely
    used special characters.

    I worked with 1403 printers surrounded by 10/15 students waiting for their
    listing. Once, students shouted "the're smoke coming out of the printer", and
    indeed there was. Overheating caused some grease to start generating smoke (no
    fire yet :-)

    One class (AI) had an assignment where students had to write a program to
    generate a picture based on different characters being darker than others. For
    that assignment, that poor 1403 printer was printing very slowly with students
    waiting much longer for their listings.

  12. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    JF Mezei wrote:
    > davidc@montagar.com wrote:
    >
    >> The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of the
    >> "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc). The Ops
    >> would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy for them.

    > There was one of the enterprise as well.

    Sam Harbison (Princeton) was one of the pioneers at this. He borrowed
    an optical densitometer and measured the density of various overstrike
    combinations. He then wrote a program to scan and convert photographs
    and print them on the 1403N1 printer.

    I seem to recall that he got one of his creations on the cover of "Time".

  13. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    In article <1173295765.121929.108690@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups. com>, davidc@montagar.com writes:
    > On Mar 7, 8:10 am, leder...@encompasserve.org (B. Z. Lederman) wrote:
    >> Someone mentioned the "Rewind Printer" instruction.

    > There were two things about some of the old band printers depending
    > upon the carriage control tape loaded into them. You could actually
    > backspace the printer 1 line, I think by including a "-" in the first
    > column (carriage control) field rather than the typical space. Every
    > now and again, someone would do that.
    >
    > Other fun things is the long loop of "1"'s, causing page ejects. One
    > some of the really fast printers, you could almost shoot a fountain of
    > greenbar up the ceiling.

    If you generated output with a carriage control character not on the
    carriage control tape, paper would eject even faster as the printer
    endlessly searched for the character on the tape.

    > The last one I remember was repeatitively writing underscores across
    > the page, which would eventually cut it in two, then do a bunch of
    > page ejects. Since the paper wouldn't track right, it would all bunch
    > up into a nice jam inside the printer.
    >
    > The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of the
    > "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc). The Ops
    > would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy for them.

    I still have the "ASCII art" moon, etc. on a 9-trk IBM labeled tape, but
    the last of the IBM 3420 drives left here a long time ago.

    A blind CS professor even figured out a way to print braille on an IBM
    1403. By setting the paper thickness to 4-part forms and placing an
    elastic band between the hammers and the paper, it was possible to
    create bumps in the paper by printing asterisks. The only problem was
    that the output had to be folded and stacked by hand with the printer
    hood up because the stacker rollers would otherwise compress the bumps.

    George Cook
    WVNET

  14. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    JF Mezei wrote in

    > davidc@montagar.com wrote:
    >> The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of
    >> the "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc).
    >> The Ops would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy
    >> for them.

    > There was one of the enterprise as well.
    >
    > And those things really slowed the printers down. I think it was
    > something to do with the band printers being designed to print letters
    > much faster than rarely used special characters.
    >
    > I worked with 1403 printers surrounded by 10/15 students waiting for
    > their listing. Once, students shouted "the're smoke coming out of the
    > printer", and indeed there was. Overheating caused some grease to
    > start generating smoke (no fire yet :-)
    >
    > One class (AI) had an assignment where students had to write a program
    > to generate a picture based on different characters being darker than
    > others. For that assignment, that poor 1403 printer was printing very
    > slowly with students waiting much longer for their listings.

    I remember having too much free time at a government job. We had a number
    of LG02 (line matrix) printers. The printer supported vector drawing and
    someone had figured out how to make large characters with it so that they
    could print names for the triangular wood blocks that were made for name
    plates. With all that time, I looked over the file the person was creating
    (by hand) for each person and I wrote a command procedure to prompt for a
    person's name and title and then generated the file and printed it. (I
    always printed to the same printer, even though we had at least 3 of them.)
    After 2 separate incidents of having DEC come out to replace a number of
    the print heads, I realized we needed to avoid repeated use of that
    routine. I haven't seen one of those printers since I left that job.

  15. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 davidc@montagar.com wrote:

    > On Mar 7, 8:10 am, leder...@encompasserve.org (B. Z. Lederman) wrote:
    >
    > Other fun things is the long loop of "1"'s, causing page ejects.
    > One some of the really fast printers, you could almost shoot a
    > fountain of greenbar up the ceiling.

    On the IBM 1403 (I think) and earlier printers, the carriage control
    tape (for some reason) never had channel C punched. So if you
    requested skip to channel C on the printer, it would feed paper
    continuously looking for the appropriate hole in the tape. The
    printer had a stop button which stop at the end of current operation,
    which of course never completed in this case. The 1403 also had a
    "carriage stop" or some such button, which generated a forms check and
    stopped things immediately. Before the "carriage stop" button, you
    had to create your own forms check by tearing the paper.

    The story at my school was that somebody had a program that sent
    "Quick, put your foot in the box" to the system operator, and then
    skipped to channel C on the printer. The operator had to rush across
    the computer room and step in the box of paper feeding the printer,
    tearing the paper and causing a forms check, thereby stopping the
    cascading paper. They could see how quick the operator was by how
    much paper they got back.

    The more innocent way of causing the problem was by copying a FORTRAN
    program from the card reader to the printer. The first character on
    the line was the form control character. If there were any comments
    in the program, ....

    --

    Rob Brown b r o w n a t g m c l d o t c o m
    G. Michaels Consulting Ltd. (780)438-9343 (voice)
    Edmonton (780)437-3367 (FAX)
    http://gmcl.com/

  16. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    In article ,
    lederman@encompasserve.org (B. Z. Lederman) wrote:
    > Someone mentioned the "Rewind Printer" instruction.
    >
    > In real life, there was one that was very close.
    >
    > The IBM 1620 (a machine many of us started on) usually had a
    > card reader and card punch. It also had two halt buttons on the
    > front console. The "Halt at End of Instruction" would usually
    > halt the machine as indicated. However, in some cases, you could
    > have an instruction that would never complete, such as a branch
    > to self. In that case, the "Halt in the Middle of an
    > Instruction" button was guaranteed by IBM to always halt the
    > machine immediately, even if it was in the middle of reading an
    > instruction (which was 12 characters long).
    >
    > Someone discovered that you could issue a "read on the card
    > punch" instruction. This would cause a card to go through the
    > punch without being punched, but also without being read. Since
    > no data was returned, the punch was instructed to read another
    > card. This would continue as the punch ran through it's stack of
    > cards as fast as possible, at which point it would ask for more
    > cards. The Halt Immediately button would not stop it, you had to
    > power down the machine (which usually took 20 minutes or more to
    > restore).

    I didn't know this one. I don't think anybody did it at our
    site; I don't remember having the system powered off.

    > Every time IBM sent a new support person out to the
    > University, someone would ask him if there was any instruction
    > that could not be halted by pressing the button. Being carefully
    > trained by IBM, he would of course always say that there was no
    > such instruction. He soon learned othewise.

    ROTFLAMO. That's initiation by ratatat fire.

    /BAH

  17. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    In article , cook@wvnvms.wvnet.edu (George Cook) wrote:

    >A blind CS professor even figured out a way to print braille on an IBM
    >1403. By setting the paper thickness to 4-part forms and placing an
    >elastic band between the hammers and the paper, it was possible to
    >create bumps in the paper by printing asterisks. The only problem was
    >that the output had to be folded and stacked by hand with the printer
    >hood up because the stacker rollers would otherwise compress the bumps.

    That one is kewl. I'm always amazed at what people produce
    if they're given half a chance to play. I think GUI takes
    a lot of that tactile playing away.

    /BAH

  18. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    In article ,
    Rob Brown wrote:
    >On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, JF Mezei wrote:
    >
    >> It is IBM centric.

    >I'm sure one of those lists had an "Eject Selectric Ball" instruction.

    That would happen over your dead body. :-) I was the guard
    of a especially made Selectric ball that included the []
    characters.

    /BAH

  19. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    In article , jmfbahciv@aol.com writes:

    >> Someone discovered that you could issue a "read on the card
    >> punch" instruction. This would cause a card to go through the
    >> punch without being punched, but also without being read. Since
    >> no data was returned, the punch was instructed to read another
    >> card. This would continue as the punch ran through it's stack of
    >> cards as fast as possible, at which point it would ask for more
    >> cards. The Halt Immediately button would not stop it, you had to
    >> power down the machine (which usually took 20 minutes or more to
    >> restore).

    > I didn't know this one. I don't think anybody did it at our
    > site; I don't remember having the system powered off.
    >

    >> Every time IBM sent a new support person out to the
    >> University, someone would ask him if there was any instruction
    >> that could not be halted by pressing the button. Being carefully
    >> trained by IBM, he would of course always say that there was no
    >> such instruction. He soon learned othewise.

    > ROTFLAMO. That's initiation by ratatat fire.

    In case it wasn't obvious, I should point out that the
    previous service technician apparently never clued in his
    replacement about this, either.

    --
    B. Z. Lederman. My personal opinions.

  20. Re: OT: Proposed additions to the PDP11 instruction set

    On Mar 7, 3:31 pm, c...@wvnvms.wvnet.edu (George Cook) wrote:
    > > The other thing people would do (myself included) is print some of the
    > > "ASCII art" pictures (moon, spock, golden gate, kitten, etc). The Ops
    > > would hate it, everyone else would want you to print a copy for them.

    > I still have the "ASCII art" moon, etc. on a 9-trk IBM labeled tape, but
    > the last of the IBM 3420 drives left here a long time ago.

    I have one somewhere, too. I wrote (and still have) software that
    reads IBM SL tapes. Now my problem is finding a tape drive... I know
    someone who has one, maybe I can snag it sometime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast