alpha sbc 5/480 - DEC

This is a discussion on alpha sbc 5/480 - DEC ; I have an alpha SBC 5/480 in a vme rack taking up slots 4 and 5, i keep getting random crashes on the sbc, an sbc in slots 1 and 2 is ok. The SBC takes a few attempts to ...

  1. alpha sbc 5/480

    I have an alpha SBC 5/480 in a vme rack taking up slots 4 and 5, i keep
    getting random crashes on the sbc, an sbc in slots 1 and 2 is ok. The SBC
    takes a few attempts to boot correctly, i have to keep flicking the reset
    switch, sometime the LED display lights up all the segments, I have changed
    the SBC with a known working one and the fault still persists.

    When it does boot , it crashes intermittantly later on.

    ps ive had a vmetro in the subrack and there does not appear to be any bus
    errors

    Anyone help , before I go and change the whole vme subrack

  2. Re: alpha sbc 5/480

    replaced VME rack and its sorted it !

    "chris" wrote in message
    >I have an alpha SBC 5/480 in a vme rack taking up slots 4 and 5, i keep
    > getting random crashes on the sbc, an sbc in slots 1 and 2 is ok. The SBC
    > takes a few attempts to boot correctly, i have to keep flicking the reset
    > switch, sometime the LED display lights up all the segments, I have
    > changed
    > the SBC with a known working one and the fault still persists.
    >
    > When it does boot , it crashes intermittantly later on.
    >
    > ps ive had a vmetro in the subrack and there does not appear to be any
    > bus
    > errors
    >
    > Anyone help , before I go and change the whole vme subrack

+ Reply to Thread