RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives - DEC

This is a discussion on RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives - DEC ; Hello: I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any knowledge of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

  1. RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Hello:

    I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?

    Tom Gardner
    Los Altos CA

  2. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Tom94022 wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    > project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    > been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    > knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?
    >
    > Tom Gardner
    > Los Altos CA

    The Computer History Museum site shows the
    Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    "First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)

    Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    before the Memorex 660.

    It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

  3. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    > Tom94022 wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    >> project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    >> been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    >> knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?
    >>
    >> Tom Gardner
    >> Los Altos CA

    > The Computer History Museum site shows the
    > Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    > "First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    > http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    > 630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    >
    > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > before the Memorex 660.
    >
    > It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    > was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

    If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.

    --

    TTFN - Guy

  4. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    > Tom94022 wrote:
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    > > project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    > > been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    > > knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?
    > >
    > > Tom Gardner
    > > Los Altos CA

    > The Computer History Museum site shows the
    > Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    > "First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    > http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    > 630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    >
    > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > before the Memorex 660.
    >
    > It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    > was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

    I believe Diablo shipped well after Memorex.
    The RP02 is the 660-1; DEC was by far the largest customer, including
    many of Memorex's end user versions, the 660-0, which were converted to
    660-1's and sold to DEC to become RP02's.

  5. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Guy Sotomayor wrote:
    > bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Tom94022 wrote:
    > >> Hello:
    > >>
    > >> I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    > >> project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    > >> been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    > >> knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?
    > >>
    > >> Tom Gardner
    > >> Los Altos CA

    > > The Computer History Museum site shows the
    > > Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    > > "First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    > > http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    > > 630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    > >
    > > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > > before the Memorex 660.
    > >
    > > It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    > > was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

    > If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    > think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.
    >

    > --
    >
    > TTFN - Guy

    The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    ISS did the others.

  6. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Tom94022 wrote:
    > Guy Sotomayor wrote:
    >
    >>bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:

    >>>The Computer History Museum site shows the
    >>>Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    >>>"First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    >>>http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    >>>630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    >>>
    >>>Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    >>>I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    >>>before the Memorex 660.
    >>>
    >>>It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    >>>was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

    >>If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    >>think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.
    >>

    >>--
    >>
    >>TTFN - Guy

    > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    > ISS did the others.

    I seem to remember seeing Ampex on the RP04. (But I also remember seeing
    ISS on *something*. Or was ISS and Ampex the same company? I distinctly
    recall seeing the name "Ampex" on some disk drive and thinking, "Oh, those
    are the guys who build the big studio audio and video tape decks."

    Also, the RP05 was pack compatible with the RP04, but looked just like an
    RP06, so I think they were also Memorex. (And I do remember seeing the
    name Memorex on RP06's.) I don't think I ever saw a real RP01/02/03, just
    clones.

    No idea which was first, the RK series or RP series.

    --
    John Santos
    Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.

  7. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    In article <1169097990.876596.238310@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.c om>,
    bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    >Tom94022 wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I'm working with the Computer History Museum, Mountain View CA, on a
    >> project to identify significant disk drives - the RP01 and RP02 have
    >> been so identified. Would anyone on one of these mail lists have any
    >> knowledge of any such drives still in existence, operational or not?
    >>
    >> Tom Gardner
    >> Los Altos CA

    >The Computer History Museum site shows the
    >Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    >"First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    >http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    >630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    >
    >Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    >I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    >before the Memorex 660.

    I don't remember seeing RK02s before RP01/2s.

    /BAH

  8. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    In article <1169101378.027268.18470@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.c om>, "Tom94022" writes:

    > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    > ISS did the others.

    RP07 wasn't a Memorex? I'd always assumed it was due to the RP
    designation. (Maybe it just worked with the same controller?)

  9. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    In alt.sys.pdp10 bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    :
    : Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    : I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    : before the Memorex 660.

    I can't help with the "which Memorex model was it" question, but we
    (Cyphernetics/ADP) had RP-01s by the end of 1969. I don't think there
    were PDP-11s by then, much less RK01s.

    --
    --------
    Sarr Blumson sarr.blumson@alum.dartmouth.org

  10. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:

    > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > before the Memorex 660.

    RK01 was from IOMEC, used on the RK8 (not RK8E)
    RK02/03 are 1100/2200tpi Diablo drives.

    Drawings for the RK8 are from late '69 early '70

    The printed documentation for the RP10 1st edition is
    Nov 1969. The drawings in the manual don't have a date
    I could ask the RP10 designer the exact dates the next
    time I see him (he is a CHM volunteer).

    RP03 is an ISS drive. I don't recall any Ampex drives
    being sold to DEC directly, though many OEM systems used
    them, including the AED 8000 subsystem (I worked for AED
    in the early 80's).

  11. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Al _Kossow wrote:
    > bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > > before the Memorex 660.

    > RK01 was from IOMEC, used on the RK8 (not RK8E)
    > RK02/03 are 1100/2200tpi Diablo drives.
    >
    > Drawings for the RK8 are from late '69 early '70
    >
    > The printed documentation for the RP10 1st edition is
    > Nov 1969. The drawings in the manual don't have a date
    > I could ask the RP10 designer the exact dates the next
    > time I see him (he is a CHM volunteer).
    >
    > RP03 is an ISS drive. I don't recall any Ampex drives
    > being sold to DEC directly, though many OEM systems used
    > them, including the AED 8000 subsystem (I worked for AED
    > in the early 80's).

    Yes thats where I first saw the RK02/03 on PDP-8's, Diablo
    drives and the was company later bought by Zerox IIRC.
    Late 60's early 70's maybe.
    As a field guy the RP03/04 ISS (Sunnyvale I think) drives
    were better drives more reliable and easier to work on.

    I used to work for Ampex and repaired their DEC
    compatible drives (SMD) but I don't think DEC ever
    oem'd them.

    If memory serves me right the 660 (RP02) was the
    only drive you could "tune" by ear. In the field the
    quick way to do a radial/azimuth alignment check
    (with no scope) was to do a repeated full track seek
    and listen to the noisy mechanical detent drop as each
    track was reached. You could then tweek the drive
    or pots till you got the right "sound". Customer used to
    love it. Non factory approved method though.

    > --

  12. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Al _Kossow wrote:
    > bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    >> I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    >> before the Memorex 660.

    > RK01 was from IOMEC, used on the RK8 (not RK8E)
    > RK02/03 are 1100/2200tpi Diablo drives.
    >
    > Drawings for the RK8 are from late '69 early '70
    >
    > The printed documentation for the RP10 1st edition is
    > Nov 1969. The drawings in the manual don't have a date
    > I could ask the RP10 designer the exact dates the next
    > time I see him (he is a CHM volunteer).
    >
    > RP03 is an ISS drive. I don't recall any Ampex drives
    > being sold to DEC directly, though many OEM systems used
    > them, including the AED 8000 subsystem (I worked for AED
    > in the early 80's).

    And there was also the DF32....

  13. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    bob wrote:

    > And there was also the DF32....

    question was first removable pack.

  14. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    In article , John Santos wrote:
    >Tom94022 wrote:
    >> Guy Sotomayor wrote:

    >>>If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    >>>think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.

    The RP05 was originally called the RP04-II (a half density RP06 designed
    because the RP04's were not the most reliable things DEC ever had in the
    field... But they did beat the TU45's by a bit.

    The RP04's liked to blow driver transistors and such so the DEC folks
    were looking at the RP06 and another Sperry ISS drive and chose the RP06
    and came up with the wider head reduced capacity RP04-II (named RP05
    after the marketing folks realized RP04-II would be confusing).

    Anyway, the RP06 class had one of the remaining RP04-II prototypes for
    the field service training class demo drive...

    >>>--
    >>>
    >>>TTFN - Guy

    >> The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    >> The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02

    Was the RPR02 an ISS drive? I thought so. I thought it was their first
    sale to DEC (although it could've been the RP03...)

    DEC went back to Memorex after the RP04... and used CDC's for the
    RM02/3/5 drives. The RP07 was also an ISS/Sperry product.

    >> The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    >> ISS did the others.
    >>

    >I seem to remember seeing Ampex on the RP04. (But I also remember seeing
    >ISS on *something*. Or was ISS and Ampex the same company? I distinctly
    >recall seeing the name "Ampex" on some disk drive and thinking, "Oh, those
    >are the guys who build the big studio audio and video tape decks."
    >
    >Also, the RP05 was pack compatible with the RP04, but looked just like an
    >RP06, so I think they were also Memorex. (And I do remember seeing the
    >name Memorex on RP06's.) I don't think I ever saw a real RP01/02/03, just
    >clones.
    >
    >No idea which was first, the RK series or RP series.
    >
    >--
    >John Santos
    >Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.
    >781-861-0670 ext 539

    Been a long time since RM and RP06 classes.

    Bill

    "When I think back on all the crap I learned in Vax school
    It's a wonder I fixed anything at all." (to the tune of Kodachrome)
    pechter-at-ureach.com

  15. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Tom94022 wrote:
    > Guy Sotomayor wrote:
    > > bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > The Computer History Museum site shows the
    > > > Memorex 660, aka DEC RP01/02, as the
    > > > "First OEM disk drive shipment to Digital":
    > > > http://www.computerhistory.org/corph...stories&id=159
    > > > 630-1 (RP01) Disk Drive (link)
    > > >
    > > > Isn't that wrong or a mis-statement ?
    > > > I thought the Diablo/DEC RK01/02 came
    > > > before the Memorex 660.
    > > >
    > > > It might be easier finding a 660, since it
    > > > was oem'd by several different manufacturers.

    > > If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    > > think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.
    > >

    > > --
    > >
    > > TTFN - Guy

    > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    > ISS did the others.

    The Digital RP05/06 Field Handbook
    (company confidential) says:
    "...RP05/06 consists of a 677-51 (RP05) or
    677-01 (RP06) disk my Memorex with a
    DCL by DEC...."

    The RP04 IIRC was definitely an ISS drive.

  16. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    > Tom94022 wrote:
    > > Guy Sotomayor wrote:

    > > > If I'm not mistaken, the Memorex 660 was the drive used in the RP06. I
    > > > think the Memorex 630(?) was what was used for the RP01/2.
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > TTFN - Guy

    > > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    > > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    > > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    > > ISS did the others.

    > The Digital RP05/06 Field Handbook
    > (company confidential) says:
    > "...RP05/06 consists of a 677-51 (RP05) or
    > 677-01 (RP06) disk my Memorex with a
    > DCL by DEC...."
    >
    > The RP04 IIRC was definitely an ISS drive.

    So here is what we have:

    RP01 Memorex 630-1; equivalent to IBM 2311 (7 MB); shipped late 1968 (I
    know, I shipped it);
    RP02 Memorex 660-2; equivalent to IBM 2314 (29 MB); shipped early 1969
    (ditto);
    RP03 ISS equivalent to double density 2314 (58 MB)
    RP04 ISS equivalent to IBM 3330 (100 MB)
    RP05 Memorex 677-51, equivalent to IBM 3300 (100 MB)
    RP06 Memorex 677-01, equivalent to IBM 3330-11 (200 MB)
    RP07 ISS equivalent to IBM3350?? or maybe just a 50% increase over RP06
    (300 MB)

    [MB capacities are in million bytes in the IBM full track record
    format]

    FWIW, the one salesperson who sold most these products to DEC was
    Arnold Cooley, working variously for Memorex and ISS. Also there are
    two operational RP06's at the PDP-10 project - probably the oldest
    operating disk drives in the world.

    But, has ANYONE SEEN AN RP01 or RP02 recently?

    Tom Gardner

  17. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Tom94022 wrote:
    > bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Tom94022 wrote:

    > > > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    > > > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    > > > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    > > > ISS did the others.

    > > The Digital RP05/06 Field Handbook
    > > (company confidential) says:
    > > "...RP05/06 consists of a 677-51 (RP05) or
    > > 677-01 (RP06) disk my Memorex with a
    > > DCL by DEC...."
    > >
    > > The RP04 IIRC was definitely an ISS drive.

    > So here is what we have:
    >
    > RP01 Memorex 630-1; equivalent to IBM 2311 (7 MB); shipped late 1968 (I
    > know, I shipped it);
    > RP02 Memorex 660-2; equivalent to IBM 2314 (29 MB); shipped early 1969
    > (ditto);
    > RP03 ISS equivalent to double density 2314 (58 MB)
    > RP04 ISS equivalent to IBM 3330 (100 MB)
    > RP05 Memorex 677-51, equivalent to IBM 3300 (100 MB)
    > RP06 Memorex 677-01, equivalent to IBM 3330-11 (200 MB)
    > RP07 ISS equivalent to IBM3350?? or maybe just a 50% increase over RP06
    > (300 MB)
    >
    > [MB capacities are in million bytes in the IBM full track record
    > format]
    >
    > FWIW, the one salesperson who sold most these products to DEC was
    > Arnold Cooley, working variously for Memorex and ISS. Also there are
    > two operational RP06's at the PDP-10 project - probably the oldest
    > operating disk drives in the world.
    >
    > But, has ANYONE SEEN AN RP01 or RP02 recently?
    >
    > Tom Gardner

    NOPE, not me...good summary though....
    still unresolved, what was the
    DEC;s first oem'd disk, Memorex, Diablo
    or something else....

  18. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    In article <1169183450.350599.116380@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    "Tom94022" wrote:

    >So here is what we have:
    >
    >RP01 Memorex 630-1; equivalent to IBM 2311 (7 MB); shipped late 1968 (I
    >know, I shipped it);
    >RP02 Memorex 660-2; equivalent to IBM 2314 (29 MB); shipped early 1969
    >(ditto);
    >RP03 ISS equivalent to double density 2314 (58 MB)
    >RP04 ISS equivalent to IBM 3330 (100 MB)
    >RP05 Memorex 677-51, equivalent to IBM 3300 (100 MB)
    >RP06 Memorex 677-01, equivalent to IBM 3330-11 (200 MB)
    >RP07 ISS equivalent to IBM3350?? or maybe just a 50% increase over RP06
    >(300 MB)

    You could probably get some dates for the others by looking
    at TW's (Tony Wachs) sources in TOPS-10 monitor listings.

    /BAH

  19. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    Tom94022 wrote:
    >bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Tom94022 wrote:

    >> > The Memorex 630-1 became the RP01
    >> > The Memorex 660-1 became the RP02
    >> > The Memorex 667 became the RP06
    >> > ISS did the others.

    >> The Digital RP05/06 Field Handbook
    >> (company confidential) says:
    >> "...RP05/06 consists of a 677-51 (RP05) or
    >> 677-01 (RP06) disk my Memorex with a
    >> DCL by DEC...."
    >>
    >> The RP04 IIRC was definitely an ISS drive.

    >So here is what we have:
    >
    >RP01 Memorex 630-1; equivalent to IBM 2311 (7 MB); shipped late 1968 (I
    >know, I shipped it);
    >RP02 Memorex 660-2; equivalent to IBM 2314 (29 MB); shipped early 1969
    >(ditto);
    >RP03 ISS equivalent to double density 2314 (58 MB)
    >RP04 ISS equivalent to IBM 3330 (100 MB)
    >RP05 Memorex 677-51, equivalent to IBM 3300 (100 MB)
    >RP06 Memorex 677-01, equivalent to IBM 3330-11 (200 MB)
    >RP07 ISS equivalent to IBM3350?? or maybe just a 50% increase over RP06
    >(300 MB)

    The RP07 was a late 80's Sperry product in the 450+ mb range used to
    fill the gap before the RA81 came out in numbers.

    >FWIW, the one salesperson who sold most these products to DEC was
    >Arnold Cooley, working variously for Memorex and ISS. Also there are
    >two operational RP06's at the PDP-10 project - probably the oldest
    >operating disk drives in the world.
    >
    >But, has ANYONE SEEN AN RP01 or RP02 recently?
    >
    >Tom Gardner

    Bill
    "When I think back on all the crap I learned in Vax school
    It's a wonder I fixed anything at all." (to the tune of Kodachrome)
    pechter-at-ureach.com

  20. Re: RP01 and RP02 Disk Drives

    William Pechter wrote:
    > In article <1169183450.350599.116380@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Tom94022 wrote:
    > >bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> The Digital RP05/06 Field Handbook
    > >> (company confidential) says:
    > >> "...RP05/06 consists of a 677-51 (RP05) or
    > >> 677-01 (RP06) disk my Memorex with a
    > >> DCL by DEC...."
    > >>
    > >> The RP04 IIRC was definitely an ISS drive.

    > >So here is what we have:
    > >
    > >RP01 Memorex 630-1; equivalent to IBM 2311 (7 MB); shipped late 1968 (I
    > >know, I shipped it);
    > >RP02 Memorex 660-2; equivalent to IBM 2314 (29 MB); shipped early 1969
    > >(ditto);
    > >RP03 ISS equivalent to double density 2314 (58 MB)
    > >RP04 ISS equivalent to IBM 3330 (100 MB)
    > >RP05 Memorex 677-51, equivalent to IBM 3300 (100 MB)
    > >RP06 Memorex 677-01, equivalent to IBM 3330-11 (200 MB)
    > >RP07 ISS equivalent to IBM3350?? or maybe just a 50% increase over RP06
    > >(300 MB)

    > The RP07 was a late 80's Sperry product in the 450+ mb range used to
    > fill the gap before the RA81 came out in numbers.
    >
    > >FWIW, the one salesperson who sold most these products to DEC was
    > >Arnold Cooley, working variously for Memorex and ISS. Also there are
    > >two operational RP06's at the PDP-10 project - probably the oldest
    > >operating disk drives in the world.
    > >
    > >But, has ANYONE SEEN AN RP01 or RP02 recently?
    > >
    > >Tom Gardner
    > >

    > Bill

    Not to belabor a point, but I seemed to
    Remember some "first time products", in the
    11 and 8 world, being shipped out of
    CSS before becoming a production item.

    I worked out of the DC area office and we
    Installed a lot of CSS hardware at the various
    Military and spy agencies. Later they would
    Become production products.

    I remember the DT03, DX11-B and several
    Others as originally CSS products than later,
    I think, they became Part of some product line.

    Additionally the DEC compatible companies would
    Beat DEC to the punch with new devices in the 11 and
    8 world. I remember a company out of Texas that had
    a hard drive for the PDP-8 but can't recall their name.

    Maybe a CSS or plug compatible device can lay
    Claim to the first disk drive, but not the first oem'd
    drive ? Maybe not.

    > --
    > --
    > "When I think back on all the crap I learned in Vax school
    > It's a wonder I fixed anything at all." (to the tune of Kodachrome)
    > pechter-at-ureach.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast