DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 600au - DEC

This is a discussion on DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 600au - DEC ; I'm trying to install NT 4.0 on this thing but I get an inaccessible_boot_device error. I'm thinking it has something to do with the IDE controller. I don't have the drivers for it. I believe it has the Cypress 82C693 ...

  1. DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 600au

    I'm trying to install NT 4.0 on this thing but I get an
    inaccessible_boot_device error. I'm thinking it has something to do
    with the IDE controller. I don't have the drivers for it. I believe
    it has the Cypress 82C693 (MiataGL) chipset. Anyone know where I can
    get these?

  2. Re: DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 600au

    On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:27:29 -0700, wrote:

    > I'm trying to install NT 4.0 on this thing but I get an
    > inaccessible_boot_device error. I'm thinking it has something to do
    > with the IDE controller. I don't have the drivers for it. I believe
    > it has the Cypress 82C693 (MiataGL) chipset. Anyone know where I can
    > get these?

    You will get better help on the alphnt list
    alphant@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

  3. Re: DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 600au

    Il Fri, 06 Oct 2006 13:27:29 -0700, kenv98 ebbe a dire:

    > I'm trying to install NT 4.0 on this thing but I get an
    > inaccessible_boot_device error. I'm thinking it has something to do
    > with the IDE controller. I don't have the drivers for it. I believe
    > it has the Cypress 82C693 (MiataGL) chipset. Anyone know where I can
    > get these?

    Search in google : +ALPHA +windows +NT +drivers

    The first is:

    Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a : [Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 ...
    Download hotfix installer and instructions (for both alpha and i386 versions).

    --
    Signature automatica inserita a mano.
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

+ Reply to Thread