configuration of DS20 CPU board (DP264, DIP Switches etc.) - DEC

This is a discussion on configuration of DS20 CPU board (DP264, DIP Switches etc.) - DEC ; Hello, i just got a second (used) CPU board for my DS20 \o/ The question, however, is : how to be sure that it is perfectly compatible ? How to be sure that the PCB is EXACTLY the same ? ...

  1. configuration of DS20 CPU board (DP264, DIP Switches etc.)

    Hello,

    i just got a second (used) CPU board for my DS20 \o/

    The question, however, is : how to be sure that it is perfectly compatible ?
    How to be sure that the PCB is EXACTLY the same ? (the finish is not the same color
    but no routing difference appears). i see a 29F040 and DIP switches,
    they might change "without notice" from rev to rev, i don't even
    know how to read the CPU's revision/stepping (besides the AYxxxxx stickers).

    Any help, documentation, anything ?

    thanks,
    YG

  2. Re: configuration of DS20 CPU board (DP264, DIP Switches etc.)

    whygee wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i just got a second (used) CPU board for my DS20 \o/

    ok, conclusion : it works like a charm.
    datecodes are a few 10s of weeks apart,
    same SROM version and same stepping 2.3 CPU.

    any documentation is still welcome because
    .............. I LOVE THIS MACHINE !

    (ahhhh, if at least all RAM slots were filled....)

    yg

+ Reply to Thread