what is capacity of a TF85 drive? - DEC

This is a discussion on what is capacity of a TF85 drive? - DEC ; I've seen one site which claims 2/4 GB and one which claims 10....

  1. what is capacity of a TF85 drive?

    I've seen one site which claims 2/4 GB and one which claims 10.

  2. Re: what is capacity of a TF85 drive?

    Bob Koehler wrote:
    > I've seen one site which claims 2/4 GB and one which claims 10.

    Google results on "TF85 capacity" seem to indicate that it was 2.6GB. I
    don't know if that was with or without compression (if compression was
    even available - I think it wasn't).

    This appears to be a decent listing of the older drives:
    http://www.discinterchange.com/dec_tk_tape_.html

    John H. Reinhardt

  3. Re: what is capacity of a TF85 drive?

    johnhreinhardt@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Bob Koehler wrote:
    >> I've seen one site which claims 2/4 GB and one which claims 10.

    > Google results on "TF85 capacity" seem to indicate that it was 2.6GB. I
    > don't know if that was with or without compression (if compression was
    > even available - I think it wasn't).

    It's 2.6GB, no compression, and the TF857 loader is 18.2GB, and (as it was
    then known) VAX/VMS V5.4-2 and later, and roughly 800 KBs. Built-in EDC, though
    I'm usually sufficiently paranoid to continue to use BACKUP CRCs in any case.

+ Reply to Thread