AlphaStation and misc parts - DEC

This is a discussion on AlphaStation and misc parts - DEC ; I've got an AlphaStation 255. I've got a matching StorageWorks shelf with disks. I've got an ATTO ExpressPCI PSC card I just pulled out of an old Mac. The next time I can shut down the AlphaStation, I intend to ...

  1. AlphaStation and misc parts

    I've got an AlphaStation 255. I've got a matching StorageWorks shelf
    with disks. I've got an ATTO ExpressPCI PSC card I just pulled out of
    an old Mac.

    The next time I can shut down the AlphaStation, I intend to insert the
    ATTO card. According to ATTOtech.com, this card will work with Linux,
    which is what I'm running on the machine at the moment.

    What I'm trying to figure out is how do I connect the card with the
    shelf? The shelf currently has a DS-BA35X-FA personality card in it,
    whose plug doesn't match the one on the ATTO card. What personality
    card should I get to do this? Or is there an adapter I can use?

    While I'm at it, I'm considering plugging in an OrangeLink+ card, just
    to see if Linux recognizes it. I've also got a Radeon for Mac card, but
    I'm not planning to put that in.

    --
    Is this the right room for an argument?

  2. Re: AlphaStation and misc parts

    In article ,
    Howard S Shubs wrote:

    > What I'm trying to figure out is how do I connect the card with the
    > shelf? The shelf currently has a DS-BA35X-FA personality card in it,
    > whose plug doesn't match the one on the ATTO card. What personality
    > card should I get to do this? Or is there an adapter I can use?

    I found a SCSI cable to use for this. For some reason, the controller
    won't stay online long enough to boot or do anything in VMS. Maybe I
    can mount ODS-2 volumes in Linux? At least for reading?

    --
    Is this the right room for an argument?

+ Reply to Thread