bios supervisior password - DEC

This is a discussion on bios supervisior password - DEC ; I buy Digital HiNote Ultra 2000. Last user don't remember password for enter bios-setup. How I can erase this password?...

  1. bios supervisior password

    I buy Digital HiNote Ultra 2000. Last user don't remember password for enter
    bios-setup. How I can erase this password?

  2. Re: bios supervisior password

    In message
    "-" wrote:

    > I buy Digital HiNote Ultra 2000. Last user don't remember password for enter
    > bios-setup. How I can erase this password?

    Not sure about this specific machine, but the usual approach is to
    remove/disconnect the battery which powers the CMOS chip. It's often a
    button cell. Leave it off for a few minutes then reconnect and you
    ahould have returned all the settings to default. This might affect
    chooices about boot device etc, so be prepared to do some
    reconfiguring.

    The problem might be getting to it.

    --
    Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
    alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk

  3. Re: bios supervisior password

    > Not sure about this specific machine, but the usual approach is to
    > remove/disconnect the battery which powers the CMOS chip. It's often a
    > button cell. Leave it off for a few minutes then reconnect and you
    > ahould have returned all the settings to default. This might affect
    > chooices about boot device etc, so be prepared to do some
    > reconfiguring.

    I removed battery (2), password are exist, but laptop return to default
    settings - don't boot from harddisk or cd-rom. When I turning on computer,
    there is text: "PCMCIA Boot Service. Insert boot disk and press any key"
    The supervisior password are in 240C4 EEPROM. I found instruction about
    clear password on older HiNote with 240C2 EPPROM - short 3 and 6 pins and
    turn on computer. But on my laptot it isn't work

+ Reply to Thread